AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York! - Page 2

AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York!

This is a discussion on AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bloomberg will only use this to support his high-cap mag ban as it clearly wasn't needed to fend off the BGs....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Bloomberg will only use this to support his high-cap mag ban as it clearly wasn't needed to fend off the BGs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Yeah, and they might wanna think about loading it next time.
    Yeah!
    wishyouwell likes this.

You point a BB gun at me and I will have no choice but to assume it is a gun and you mean me harm. I'm not gonna have time to see much else. If the tip isnt colored orange, you must be trying to kill me.
    msgt/ret and ErnieNWillis like this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    BBbbbbut joe says "assault" rifles are useless for self-defense he should have had a shotgun instead.
    Per the story, "Nothing was taken and no shots were fired."

Probably would have gotten the same result with any sort of firearm; and a shotty would have done nicely
    in this situation with much less risk of harming someone in an adjoining apartment.

Good on them for having something, but they didn't win this one because they had an AR. They won because
    they had "something" and the BGs had a sense of self-preservation and the good sense to flee.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't have gotten to the housemates upstairs bedroom door if the guy who screamed had a
    .38 J frame or an LCP type pistol within reach. Or even throwing darts.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Probably would have gotten the same result with any sort of firearm; and a shotty would have done nicely
    in this situation with much less risk of harming someone in an adjoining apartment.
    Not sure how you figure that. Any buckshot load has a much greater risk of overpenetration and going through walls with little resistance than any of the modern .223 hollowpoint defensive rounds. .223 defensive rounds will fragment and essentially disentigrate after passing through as little as 2 sheets of drywall.

Most people are under the erroneous assumption that just because it's a centerfire rifle round, it must go through walls and houses like they were made of butter.

That myth has been pretty much dispelled time and time again in controlled testing.

Compared to any handgun round and any buckshot load, the .223 carbine is the safest of all of them in regards to endangering others in adjoining apartments or even the neighbors house across the street.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Wow they can be used for good I should have kept mine lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links