AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York!

This is a discussion on AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When Rochester (NY) Institute of Technology student Christopher Boise saw two intruders — one armed — in his apartment, he screamed. That was all it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York!

AR-15 Used to Stop Home Robbery in New York!

When Rochester (NY) Institute of Technology student Christopher Boise saw two intruders — one armed — in his apartment, he screamed. That was all it took for his roomy, Raymond, to reach for his rifle. And it wasn’t just any rifle, it was an AR-15! The burglars were apparently well-versed on the latest gun control industry mantra that ARs are only good for one thing . . .
    Defensive Gun Use of the Day: Black Rifle Edition | The Truth About Guns

Below is a link to the original story from ABC News 13 in Rochester. Both links have a video on the incident.

RIT Students Accosted By Gunmen In Their Home - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

I home that guy and his roomy start drilling for that same thing to happen again. Next time they might not be as fast as they were this time. Gotta be ready

Annndddd... why do the cops suspect the perps had BB guns?

By adding that little unsubstantiated tidbit, there will inevitably be those who will cry "there's no need to use an 'assault rifle' against a BB gun."
    AZ_Larz_NY, ep1953 and darbo like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

"Governor Cuomo could not be reached for comment."

I guess not...and you won't see this story on LameStream Media outlets either. Too bad. Glad the guys were OK.
    bigmacque and AZ_Larz_NY like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    This story is totally fabricated there is no way that AR was used for anything but evil..........AR's walk the street when nobody is looking and hunt for innocent victims they are leaderless and they have minds of their own!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Actually, I thought it was very clean reporting and unbiased. Good job by the news crew.

As far as the BB gun part, I can only assume the police believe it may have been a BB gun based on the description given by the room mate who faced the intruders downstairs. You can hardly blame the reporters for what the police tell them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Actually, I thought it was very clean reporting and unbiased. Good job by the news crew.

As far as the BB gun part, I can only assume the police believe it may have been a BB gun based on the description given by the room mate who faced the intruders downstairs. You can hardly blame the reporters for what the police tell them.
    I agree I was joking Bark'n.....I won't quit my day job!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Annndddd... why do the cops suspect the perps had BB guns?
    The Channel 13 article says:
    [Rochester Police Chief James] Sheppard said there were BB rounds near the broken glass window

Governor Cuomo wouldn't have allowed more than 7 rounds to be loaded in the rifle even if it was loaded.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I agree I was joking Bark'n.....I won't quit my day job!
    No worries. I knew your post was "tongue-n-cheek."
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The weapon was legal and he protected his property”, said Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard. "We're thankful that no one was injured," he said.
    However, from another article....

As lawmakers in Albany address gun violence, Rochester Police Chief Jim Sheppard has a new homicide to solve.

Gregory Cooper, 24, was shot to death Monday on Roycroft Drive. He is the city's first homicide victim of 2013.

"For me the perfect year, and I don't anticipate ever having a perfect year, but the perfect year for me would be a year with zero homicides," Chief Sheppard said.

Just one week ago, the chief made the case for gun control as a speaker at Governor Cuomo's State of The State address. He supports the new legislation.

"There's a component that addresses gun violence relative to being involved in another crime and I think that with stiffer penalties relative to that, say if I do a robbery and I'm armed with a gun and the penalty is a little bit stiffer I think that will have some impact on what happens on our urban streets," he said.

In 2012, homicides and violent crime were up from 2011 and shooting victims rose from 143 to 218. But overall Sheppard says the numbers are improving.

"Over the last 25 years this city's averaged about 44 homicides a year," he said.

Even as the data suggests his department is on the right track, another family's pain is a reminder Sheppard's work is never done.

VIP Member
    BBbbbbut joe says "assault" rifles are useless for self-defense he should have had a shotgun instead.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    I home that guy and his roomy start drilling for that same thing to happen again. Next time they might not be as fast as they were this time. Gotta be ready

Yeah, and they might wanna think about loading it next time.
    ep1953 likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm just waiting for the antis who will complain that the AR wasn't needed and could have easily killed thousands of innocents around the apartment including hundreds of children, kittens, and puppies.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I'm just waiting for the antis who will complain that the AR wasn't needed and could have easily killed thousands of innocents around the apartment including hundreds of children, kittens, and puppies.

LOL.

Biden would've taken em out one barrel a piece with his shotty and then finished them off with the buttstock.

And if a third suddenly entered he would make the call to fix bayonets.
    ep1953 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links