Not so GOOD: Gutsy grandma shoot at robber

This is a discussion on Not so GOOD: Gutsy grandma shoot at robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The operative word being "at"...11 shots not one hit. She definitely needs some range time. Gutsy grandma shoots at robber after attack | News - ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 3 Post By Shiphted
  • 4 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Not so GOOD: Gutsy grandma shoot at robber

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

The operative word being "at"...11 shots not one hit. She definitely needs some range time.

Gutsy grandma shoots at robber after attack | News - Home

Oh well, at least she stopped the threat.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Kinda makes a person wonder if subconsciously she wanted to hit him. Maybe she did. Shooting a person and shooting target are two completely different things and not everybody is prepared to do that with their whole mindset.
    FreeFalling likes this.

Hit or miss doesn't matter in this case. She's alive and well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    crossfireltd, DFuller and phreddy like this.

Wonder where those rounds went?

At least she's ok.

VIP Member
    Good for her standing up to that creep! This is a story that probably won't make main stream media because a Granny defended herself with a (*gasp) gun, BG ran off and no one was hurt. Naw...nothing here folks, move along.

This line made me laugh though: "He was saying 'you smell good, looks like you have money".

Pret-ty high standard for wealth in Southfield, Michigan.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

She waited too long. She should have shoot the punk as soon as the attack started on the bus. Point blank range means even a cross eyed granny (nothing in the report said she was cross eyed, so no flames please) should hit the mark. A young punk hitting a granny in the head is deadly force the way I see it.

VIP Member
    Did anyone else notice the part that said there were many men on the bus and not ONE tried to help her?

Really sad that our society is so degenerate nowdays.
    Foxy, Alex_C, phreddy and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Did anyone else notice the part that said there were many men on the bus and not ONE tried to help her?

Really sad that our society is so degenerate nowdays.
    It isn't that people don't want to help others, it is because they don't wish to get involved. Some people have intervened and they end up being victims, so that stops people from acting. I don't think it's a good excuse, personally I probably would intervene.

She definitely needs more training in shooting. Spraying the area with her "9" was a tad irresponsible, but in her defence, she said "I'm tired of being a VICTIM!" I agree, we all are.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    She definitely needs more training in shooting. Spraying the area with her "9" was a tad irresponsible, but in her defence, she said "I'm tired of being a VICTIM!" I agree, we all are.
    Was she spraying fire from the hip, military style? Perhaps she was ex-army...

In most cases I've read about, shooting at an attacker/burglar is as good as hitting him. Very few bad guys want to stick around and take gunfire.

That said, I hope to put shots on target if I'm in that situation, but adrenaline can play havoc on ones shooting.

I was predator calling last week and missed a fox at about 15 yrds with a shotgun. It came in from a direction I wasn't expecting, and it went downhill from there. Either way he ran off, kinda like I hope an intruder would do if taking gunfire in my home.

My point is - We all need more training. Preferably with some induced adrenaline.

Making nice tight groups at the range doesn't mean much when you are in fear for you or your family's safety.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm not too sure about chasing hiim after he got off the bus part. That's stretching the SD action a bit. Thin ice there.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I read somewhere once that, "every bullet fired has a lawyer attached to it". Practice, and be sure of your target.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I read somewhere once that, "every bullet fired has a lawyer attached to it". Practice, and be sure of your target.
    Good Lord, as many bullets as ive fired in the just the past two years youd think we would at least be rid of the lawyers that are politicians

she is my kind of grandma!!!

Links