Armed invader killed with his own weapon...

This is a discussion on Armed invader killed with his own weapon... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The 38 year old must have needed the cardio workout... It's much easier to dispatch these thugs if you carry your own weapon... and you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Armed invader killed with his own weapon...

Armed invader killed with his own weapon...

The 38 year old must have needed the cardio workout... It's much easier to dispatch these thugs if you carry your own weapon... and you don't have to get all bloody and stuff, if you use a firearm at a reasonable distance... oh well, maybe next time.

Story here
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's called "The New York Defence" in some legal circles. Having to rely on criminals' illegal weapons to defend yourself.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The homeowner was lucky! Maybe now he will consider getting himself a gun. At least Mr. John Doe will not be adding to his rap sheet.

Good for him. Glad the homeowner and other innocent people are unharmed.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I think some of the crack pots out there would want to prosecute. Should have talked nice and just helped him out with victims stuff. U know its not his fault he was probably brought up in a broken home. 😰
    TexasTerri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's called "The New York Defence" in some legal circles. Having to rely on criminals' illegal weapons to defend yourself.
    Too funny!!!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Re: Armed invader killed with his own weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    I think some of the crack pots out there would want to prosecute. Should have talked nice and just helped him out with victims stuff. U know its not his fault he was probably brought up in a broken home. 😰
    And he was unarmed at the time he was stabbed

from my phone

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Hmm, this sounds like some kind of lovers triangle with the 23 year old girl as the hypotenuse.

I also think this could be a problem for the defender. Does Missouri have a stand your ground law? Stabbing an unarmed assailant multiple times seems excessive. Don't get me wrong, I've no sympathy for the attacker, but I'm thinking the argument could be made that any disparity of force disappeared after the first couple of stabs.
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Anyone in STL crazy enough not to have a weapon had better be given a wide berth, as the BG found out.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Hmm, this sounds like some kind of lovers triangle with the 23 year old girl as the hypotenuse.

I also think this could be a problem for the defender. Does Missouri have a stand your ground law? Stabbing an unarmed assailant multiple times seems excessive. Don't get me wrong, I've no sympathy for the attacker, but I'm thinking the argument could be made that any disparity of force disappeared after the first couple of stabs.
    If I have to resort to a knife, I'm not stopping until the BG does, no matter what the count.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Anyone in STL crazy enough not to have a weapon had better be given a wide berth, as the BG found out.
    Anyone who lives in that part of the city had better be given a wide berth.

I'm sure Mr. Doe (actually the description of a female deer) was just a misunderstood person out trying to turn his life around and really didn't want to attack or hurt anyone.

Fairly certain there will be a memorial place to bring flowers, Teddy bears and other trinkets so we can all remember him, and what a classy guy he was. Maybe they can set up a "John Doe Memorial Fund" so his family will have something to take care of his final expenses.

Or, I'm just glad we no longer have a repeat offender and the tax payers will not be giving this crud room and board for years to come.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody_iam View Post
    And he was unarmed at the time he was stabbed

from my phone
    That's an interesting situation. When exactly does the threat of great bodily harm end?
    When I practice I try to throw a disarmed weapon out of the game. OTOH, I have been known
    to get mentally deep in the fray, grab and "shoot" a toy pistol at an "attacker."

Given the confines of the garage I suppose the knife could not have been thrown out of play and if the
    attacker persisted, didn't turn to run off immediately after the disarm, it would seem the use of lethal force was
    necessary and justifiable--- depending on where you live and who the DA is.

One can never be quite sure.

On a side note, the huge age disparity between the man attacked and the woman he was with is interesting.
    I wonder if that has something to do with why he was attacked?
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    That's an interesting situation. When exactly does the threat of great bodily harm end?
    When the aggressor ceases to be a threat. Simply because he was disarmed does not remove, or even reduce, his status as a threat. If one guy can get disarmed, so can the other guy. I'd say the threat of great bodily harm ended approximately the same time the last stab was administered.
    oneshot, Bark'n, airslot and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    When the aggressor ceases to be a threat. Simply because he was disarmed does not remove, or even reduce, his status as a threat. If one guy can get disarmed, so can the other guy. I'd say the threat of great bodily harm ended approximately the same time the last stab was administered.
    OK-- so suppose (ignoring castle laws for the moment) the attacker arrived unarmed. Suppose too that the
    defender has some skills and there is no disparity of force. Does that allow the defender to grab a knife off a shelf
    and use it? A gun? Shoot an unarmed attacker v maybe lead them out the door with a "come along?"

If in this case the attacker was a perfect stranger to both, and entered using force (TX statue) then I think the stabbing
    is fully justifiable. If it turns out this was a love triangle as someone suggested, if the attacker did not enter
    using force and the fight started after he was admitted, it starts to get a tad murky.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links