Good & lucky: Homeowner shoots armed burglar in the buttocks

This is a discussion on Good & lucky: Homeowner shoots armed burglar in the buttocks within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Homeowner shoots armed burglar in the buttocks - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports According to deputies, the homeowner had Stewart at ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 2 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Good & lucky: Homeowner shoots armed burglar in the buttocks

Homeowner shoots armed burglar in the buttocks - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

According to deputies, the homeowner had Stewart at gunpoint when he told the homeowner that he was not going back to jail. That is when Stewart drew a pistol from his jacket and shot at the homeowner. The homeowner returned fire and shot Stewart in the buttocks.
    Sounds like the homeowner came home and caught him in the act..... the report in lean on details but overall the BG got it in the end.
    Wish more info had been reported but our homeowner was lucky just the same.... this convict got the first shot off.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Homeowner is very lucky. BG draws against the drop and still fires the first shot. This right here folks is a wake up call.
    Im not in the homeowners head but Id bet a dollar to doughnut that as this BG practically told him he was going to fight back, drew against the drop, and fired the first shot that the homeowner was either doing mental gymnastics of if he had a right to fire legally or getting sued or struggling with the idea of taking the BGs life. Which if not for BGs bad aim would likely have gotten him killed.
    One has to be aware of legalities etc but one cannot let it paralyze him /her into inaction once engaged.
    Spirit51 and Inspector71 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Bubba is going to make that really painful.
    SCXDm9 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    This burglar was not the first person to be shot in the buttocks. The most famous occurrence is in this documentary.

Forrest Gump nice scene - YouTube
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Very lucky homeowner. Wow, only 20 years old and has done all that stuff. Bye bye, back to jail for you.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I hope K-9 Nitro made a fitting introduction of himself while in the woods.
    These dirtbags never learn, and I ask why will the courts turn this criminal loose again in short time?
    No repeat offenders, just dead offenders...
    goldshellback likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The defendant may be seated...I see ,so the defendant may stand for the proceedings
    SCXDm9 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I bet this BG becomes the "butt" of many jokes when he lands back in prison.
    Ghost1958 and pfries like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Armed burglar. Proof he was fully prepared to commit murder to get what he wanted. Sounds far more than burgling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Stewart was booked on attempted second degree murder, aggravated burglary, and convicted felon in possession of a firearm charges.
    Good. String him up.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Armed burglar. Proof he was fully prepared to commit murder to get what he wanted. Sounds far more than burgling to me.
    That's no burglar. That's a robber.

The most skilled burglars carry absolutely nothing, not even tools. That way if they get caught they can say they were just looking for a place to sleep, or that they found a door open and just walked in out of curiosity. Almost sounds like this kid wanted to die. Sad, at age 20.

This is where a boat load of our youth are headed. I'm going to make that fairly safe bet that the thug was addicted to some kind of drugs, such as meth, crack, oxycontin, whatever.

At 20 years old I was working in grocery store, contemplating my first experience playing drums with a band. Doing stuff like this would have been the last thing on my mind.

The homeowner indeed was lucky but at least he caught the maggot and got to cap him in the rear. My "burglar" who stole my guns got away clean or I just barely missed him as we came home. I would have liked to have the chance to "rehabilitate" him like this guy did.

I believe it will get worse as more of our young ones decide that the way to happiness is with drugs.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Homeowner is very lucky. BG draws against the drop and still fires the first shot. This right here folks is a wake up call.
    Im not in the homeowners head but Id bet a dollar to doughnut that as this BG practically told him he was going to fight back, drew against the drop, and fired the first shot that the homeowner was either doing mental gymnastics of if he had a right to fire legally or getting sued or struggling with the idea of taking the BGs life. Which if not for BGs bad aim would likely have gotten him killed.
    One has to be aware of legalities etc but one cannot let it paralyze him /her into inaction once engaged.
    Totally agree. The thought of legalities after shooting or the taking of a life are serious points to ponder before pulling. At some point, however, self preservation instinct must take over.
    Actually might have been trouble if the BG was shot in his head's second home while out of the house.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    This bad guy, turned and got burned!

Sponsored Links