Man shoots and kills another man for pulling into his drive way

This is a discussion on Man shoots and kills another man for pulling into his drive way within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There are a lot of things that we don't know like: The layout of the drive way How far did he drive onto the property ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Man shoots and kills another man for pulling into his drive way

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    There are a lot of things that we don't know like:
    The layout of the drive way
    How far did he drive onto the property
    Was there conversation between the occupants and the property owner
    Did the driver attempt to run the man down
    Is it a robbery prone neighbor
    Gang activity
    Number of recent burglaries
    But most of all, has the media made a factual report and not an embellished article to sell newspapers or to carry out an agenda.
    Will we ever know the real story? If the old guy is proven to be guilty there will be a follow up, if he is proven to be not guilty, no.
    ep1953 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

Here is a photo pf the diveway:
    20757122_BG3.jpg
    oneshot likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wasn't there, don't know what occured, but if any "ganstering" occured, well...some old folks aren't going to put up with that. Now it will be settled in court.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    Going by what was printed,the old man in no way, shot him in self defense.If they never got out of the car,he had zero reason to shoot.Assuming,there wasn't more to the story.
    If you are ever directly involved in a story covered by a newspaper you will understand just HOW MUCH they can leave out of the story and HOW MUCH they get just plain slap dab wrong.

Attributed to Mark Twain:
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    If you are ever directly involved in a story covered by a newspaper you will understand just HOW MUCH they can leave out of the story and HOW MUCH they get just plain slap dab wrong.

Attributed to Mark Twain:
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”
    I went by all the information given...including the coroner who said the bullet entered his left side of the head. Doubt he was driving forward like that to run over the old man.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^

Heres a story of a US minesweeper
    Stuck Minesweeper to Be Cut Into Pieces - Yahoo! News
    that ran aground on a protected coral reef in the Phillipines.
    The Navy is saying the digital charts being used told the crew that it was 8 miles away.

From article;
    A preliminary Navy review found that the digital chart the crew was using to navigate the ship incorrectly listed the reef's location by 8 miles. A review of additional charts created by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency found another navigational aberration off the coast of Chile. Both have been corrected.

Crap happens, and I believe the kids are probably telling the truth on this.
    I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt anyways, for now.
    No one disputes that digital GPS errors happen, and could have in this case. Last summer I was looking for
    a particular motel in NH. The GPS lead me miles away to a rural area. I never did find the place I was seeking
    and had to stay at another motel which I just happened to stumble across. I as I checked in I asked
    the clerk, "where am I," because I literally had no clue.

The story of a GPS error is however something that can be verified by examining the machine used; or by buying
    an identical model from the same company and entering the address they stay they were looking for.

It is also possible that they merely mistyped the address they were looking for.

Still, if the home owner asked them to leave, then had time to get back to his house, had reason (spidey sense?) to
    arm himself, my hunch tends to be that there is more to this than an old boy with a lifetime solid record suddenly losing it.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links