Man shoots and kills another man for pulling into his drive way

This is a discussion on Man shoots and kills another man for pulling into his drive way within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 22 year old pulls into wrong drive way, old guy goes outside to see what is going on, goes inside to get gun, fires into ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Man shoots and kills another man for pulling into his drive way

22 year old pulls into wrong drive way, old guy goes outside to see what is going on, goes inside to get gun, fires into the air then at the car, killing the driver. Seriously?

I hope this man goes to jail for the rest of his natural life. What kind of paranoid world does this guy live in where he thinks it is alright to just start shooting at people in his driveway.

Sad, sad story.

Man, 69, accused of killing man who went to wrong house | www.ajc.com

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Gwinnett County man is accused of shooting and killing a man who friends said pulled into the wrong driveway.

Phillip Walker Sailors, 69, of Lilburn, was booked into the Gwinnett County jail Sunday afternoon and charged with murder for the death of Rodrigo Abad Diaz, according to jail records and his arrest warrant.

I hope this man goes to jail for the rest of his natural life.
    I'd want to be certain of all the facts before making such a judgement. Newspapers have a way of skewing the facts sometimes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I'd want to be certain of all the facts before making such a judgement. Newspapers have a way of skewing the facts sometimes.
    I read it this morning and thought the same thing.

Innocent guy driving up and trying to quickly back out, or were there more actions taken that have been omitted?

Every dirtbag that I've busted vandalizing or stealing from various properties all proclaimed innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Link to another article with a quote directly from the police write up (watch the video) - Friends: Man, 22, killed for pulling into wrong driveway | www.wsbradio.com

Yeah, the article says the guy who was shot has jail records and an arrest warrant. Could definitely be more to the story.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I read it this morning and thought the same thing.

Innocent guy driving up and trying to quickly back out, or were there more actions taken that have been omitted?

Every dirtbag that I've busted vandalizing or stealing from various properties all proclaimed innocence.
    But it is still illegal (and dumb) to just start "poppin' caps" without being provoked. I mean look, they did not even get out of their car.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Yeah, the article says the guy who was shot has jail records and an arrest warrant. Could definitely be more to the story.
    Totally, but the old guy is 100% in the wrong here. I cannot fathom an argument where this guy is exonerated from all charges.

Wellll, it was...HIS DRIVEWAY.
    I shouldn't being flippant about the loss of any life. Sorry if I've offended anyone. But I think something smells fishy. How long can it take to get out of a driveway? The homeowner first came out, then went back in, then came back out, and then shot into the air all before the victim was then shot...driving away? I'll want to hear more before I declare his guilt in the media-driven Court of Public Opinion.

Oh, and I wouldn't suggest any real good things are gonna' come from late night/early AM loitering driveway strangers around here either. Y'all best call before ya' arrive.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post

I shouldn't being flippant about the loss of any life. Sorry if I've offended anyone. But I think something smells fishy. How long can it take to get out of a driveway? The homeowner first came out, then went back in, then came back out, and then shot into the air all before the victim was then shot...driving away? I'll want to hear more before I declare his guilt in the media-driven Court of Public Opinion.
    I agree there was a lot of time from when the car first pulled into the driveway until the fatal shot. What was happening during that time? It should have been more than enough time for the car to pull away. There is more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post

Perhaps the transmission stuck, perhaps they were confirming the correct address on the GPS, perhaps they were about to call or text their friend to confirm the address...or perhaps they saw a crazy old guy yelling at them and they froze. All these are possible and likely scenarios.

Also, who cares that it is HIS driveway. Yeah, sure, in the purest sense, they did come onto his property unannounced and uninvited, but come on...there is no way you can justify killing, freaking KILLING someone because they made a wrong turn.
    oneshot likes this.

Wow, I hope the facts come out, but if they were not even out of the car, to shoot at the car...Wow.
    A sad situation for everyone.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

"Diaz, 22, was shot in the head Saturday night as he tried to drive away from Sailors’ home on Hillcrest Road in Lilburn, the warrant states."
    ^^^^I think this will be one of the biggest hurdles Mr. Sailors is going to have to overcome.^^^^
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing where it says the guy shot has a record in either of the
    two links provided above.

I'm inclined to believe that the shooter is telling the truth that he feared for his life for some reason, but
    fear by itself --unsubstantiated--- doesn't count. He used very poor judgment. Could easily have stayed
    inside to watch the developments.

I don't exactly believe the story that they were lead to the wrong house by GPS. It happens, but that
    can probably be verified by examining the machine. Also, that story implies they were going
    to a place they'd not been before, a place they wouldn't recognize. Why?

I'm of the opinion the old boy's instinct was right about those young people but his response
    was utterly wrong.

Another example of why training is important.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "according to his attorney, and has no known criminal history. "

He will now.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "according to his attorney, and has no known criminal history. "

He will now.
    Hey-Ooooo!!! LOL

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links