Good: Three invaders pick wrong home

This is a discussion on Good: Three invaders pick wrong home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; With a little deception and distraction, this mom saved herself and her son... And popped a BG in the tummy, too... And, she knows why ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By oakchas
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Good: Three invaders pick wrong home

With a little deception and distraction, this mom saved herself and her son... And popped a BG in the tummy, too...

And, she knows why she is able to do that... And honors the sacrifice of those who gave it all to defend her right to defend her child!

Story: http://www.click2houston.com/news/Ho...z/-/index.html
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I hope it hurt like heck.
    Lish and goldshellback like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I sure hope it hurt as well

Subterfuge, deception, distraction, no holds barred. aka, fighting dirty to win, particularly when losing could mean losing all you have.

Some people get it. Others are getting it.

Kudos to the family for surviving. Rule #1: survive.
    darbo and Dennis1209 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Wow....great that she kept her cool and protected her and her family.

BTW, another case where limiting mags could have been bad for her.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

She was incredibly lucky to have survived the encounter.

"Two of the men escaped. Erin said she pointed a gun at a third suspect, but he went after her before she could shoot.
    "We wrestled around in my bedroom and he came after me. I had my gun like this. He kneed me in the face. He just jerked the gun right out of my hand and took off," she said."

I know I really need to practice my speed. This reinforces it IMO, she pointed but didn't have time to shoot. He was able to disarm her, I'm actually amazed he didn't shoot her before he fled.

VIP Member
    Amazing presence of mind! She did a great job! She has a pretty bad bruise under her eye from being kneed in the face.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Good on the lady. Now she needs to get properly trained by a good instructor. She should practice "double tapping" targets on the wishbone.

Meanwhile: Adrian Granados-Yepez, 27, of Tomball, TX has the belly ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Good on the lady. Now she needs to get properly trained by a good instructor. She should practice "double tapping" targets on the wishbone.

Meanwhile: Adrian Granados-Yepez, 27, of Tomball, TX has the belly ache.
    I'm willing to bet that the three are in the Country Illegally,She used her wits,but like everybody that has a gun for SD really need to practice engaging multiple targets at close range not only quickly,but also practice shooting from a defensive retentive position that makes grabbing your gun harder,chances are she had her arms fully extended when he grabbed her gun.
    This is also one downside to DA revolvers,it can take a lot longer to get off a shot in DA than from a striker fired gun like a Glock/XD/M&P etc.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

When it comes down to brass tacks in the end, who's paying the scumbags medical bills? Why do the cowards always flee to the emergency room?

Certainly glad she had the presence of mind to logically think things through under such stress and protected her and her child.

Makes me rethink if my 5 round SP-101 .357 would be adequate in such a home invasion? When I play that thinking game of "what if" in my mind, I always just picture one or maybe two home invaders. From what I'm gleaning from the news, multiple people breaking into homes are becoming much more frequent.

IMO, the article was well written also reporting spin-less facts.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Sponsored Links