Armed security/LEOs at schools do work.

This is a discussion on Armed security/LEOs at schools do work. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just can't imagine why we didn't hear about this. Did the resource officer have Six bullets ....or was that Seven....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Armed security/LEOs at schools do work.

I just can't imagine why we didn't hear about this. Did the resource officer have Six bullets ....or was that Seven.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I had armed resource officers in both middle and high school. They are a great presence for any school. Although we never had any school shootings, they prevented a few parents from taking a kid they didn't have rights to anymore as well as stopping fights pretty quickly. I don't know why more schools don't have them. Ours have been in place at least 15 years.

I would say we need more then we have. The high school has at least 8 different doors I can think of and there is only 1 officer. And something like 2700 students.

There is a proposed law in SC to fund a cop, called resource officers here, for every school in the state. Currently some high schools and middle schools have them. Typically they are local county sheriffs/police that are assigned to schools after specialized training. Most request that job and love it. The cop at my sons school is awesome with the kids and very involved. Hope the proposal get to be a law here. I'll gladly pay more taxes for it.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The causes of violence must be run to ground, yes. Poor parenting, poverty, spotty education, lack of socialization skills taught to children, crummy mental health and psychological services available to those needing help, a generation-over-generation culture of not working through problems and instead turning to violence to resolve differences. Yes, the tool/weapon in the hand is troubling. And, yes, the Ford or Toyota or Schwinn the criminal arrived in/on helped enable the person's presence at the venue. Uncertain whether the attacker had shown symptoms. Uncertain whether the school had any method of screening arriving students.

As we all know, focusing on causes will get to the causes in a way that going after symptoms never will.
    This will never happen as long as political correctness and the race card are the standard by which politicians play. Public service, like the second amendment has been re-defined to be meaningless jargon.

Just came out today that the metal detectors at the school were not operational. Guess the live school resource officer WAS operational.
    The school system stated that it was the principals job to request repairs and no repairs had been requested. Wonder if the principal was looking the other way so that no weapons were reported for better statistics at the school.

As far as I know: all Ga. schools have armed police officers on location. These are professional dedicated people that have dedicated their lives to protecting and educating our children. I appreciate their sacrifice and dedication, Hats off to em!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    Just came out today that the metal detectors at the school were not operational. Guess the live school resource officer WAS operational. The school system stated that it was the principals job to request repairs and no repairs had been requested. Wonder if the principal was looking the other way so that no weapons were reported for better statistics at the school.
    Link to story -- Price Middle School Shooting: Metal Detectors Weren't Working.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links