Don't mess with old people (Merged)

This is a discussion on Don't mess with old people (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At the very end of the video the women news anchor says, "Just a tragedy all the way around." Really?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Don't mess with old people (Merged)

Don't mess with old people

At the very end of the video the women news anchor says, "Just a tragedy all the way around." Really?
    ep1953 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Talk about a bad week (for the dirtbag)...in the same week he was expelled from school, then expelled from life.
    Hopefully the other dirtbag will be charged with the murder.
    Nice defensive work on the part of the coach.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great outcome for the coach, students and the BGs. BUT, how could he carry on school property, especially in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Great outcome for the coach, students and the BGs. BUT, how could he carry on school property, especially in Detroit?
    He's 'possibly' a reserve LEO...... that explains that I believe. Regardless, it's a good thing he not only carried while at the school, but knew what to do with it when the time to act forced his hand.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by atcs2152 View Post
    At the very end of the video the women news anchor says, "Just a tragedy all the way around." Really?
    I caught that too...how in the world is the good guy defending himself and two teenage girls from armed thugs a "tragedy all the way around"? This is a good outcome not a bad one...the media always has things so sdrawkcabssa.

Here is the story on TheBlaze: Armed 70-Year-Old Women?s Basketball Coach Shoots Attackers While Walking Two Players to Their Cars | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Two dummies down. I notice they were quick to point out he's a reserve officer, I don't think it should matter.
    ep1953 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Two dummies down. I notice they were quick to point out he's a reserve officer, I don't think it should matter.
    I think they pointed out he was a reserve officer to explain why he's allowed to carry at school.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

So here is a great example to show and tell the antis and the feinstein people who say "If only we save 1 life, Its worth it" WELL everyday a gun saves ONE life. So I dont get their argument.. Good job, I love to see the old people defend themselves.

Good for the "Old Guy!"
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Nicely done coach!

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    So here is a great example to show and tell the antis and the feinstein people who say "If only we save 1 life, Its worth it" WELL everyday a gun saves ONE life. So I dont get their argument.. Good job, I love to see the old people defend themselves.
    They would turn it into "those poor little angels were murdered in the prime of their life".
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    I agree in the fact, this is a great example of how the arming of the Good Guy will and does save lives. But that fact will go over all anti's head with out a slight understanding of reality.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    They would turn it into "those poor little angels were murdered in the prime of their life".
    That's what is happening, in some news reports. For example ... Coach shoots teen robbers in Detroit:

Quote Originally Posted by From the article, WDIV Local 4 News
    Mother of victim speaks out.
    ^ In this news report, the apparent gun-wielding robber is portrayed as the victim.

Mother does not believe her son was going to rob coach.

“I lost my son and I want answers,” said Michael’s mother Renee Scott.
    ^ Nothing is said about what she's basing her belief on.

And, at this point, the primary "answer" appears to be that her son was an armed robber caught in the act.

Cannot find any corroborating reports of firearms being found at the scene that belonged to the assailants, though reports by at least two different news groups are basing the info from police sources:

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Local 4 sources say Ernest Robinson, the assistant basketball coach at MLK, was walking to his truck after Friday night’s game with two girls. The coach told detectives the teens ambushed him with guns drawn. At one point, the teens pointed the guns at the girls and that’s when the coach shot both of the teens.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Gee, I wonder why all the national media aren't headlining this story--or any other one where a citizen lawfully uses a gun to defend himself and others from scumbag hoodlums??? Oh, wait, I guess it just doesn't make as "good" a headline as a "mass murderer killing dozens with an 'assault rifle'".
    msgt/ret and ep1953 like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    He has no pistol free zones outside of the federal pistol free zones. He was legal in the eyes of the law to carry on school property. He might (and I hate to say this) get in hot water with the school of which he is employed with for carrying a gun regardless of LEO status.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sure they would..... having an non LEO carrying a gun and protecting 2 students at a school goes against the grain of the anti gun folks.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links