Don't mess with old people (Merged)

This is a discussion on Don't mess with old people (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, 'news 4' is quick to say " these two boys ..." Yeah, there're teens.... with guns and NOT up to any good with em'.... ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Don't mess with old people (Merged)

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Well, 'news 4' is quick to say " these two boys..." Yeah, there're teens.... with guns and NOT up to any good with em'.... allegedly.

Of course mom isn't happy...... The facts have to come out first before any real 'judgement' can be made. I'm pretty sure, however, the Coach didn't just pull his gun and open fire with no cause. Sorry Mom, choir practice they were NOT in route to me thinks.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    I agree in the fact, this is a great example of how the arming of the Good Guy will and does save lives. But that fact will go over all anti's head with out a slight understanding of reality.
    So true. The moronic antis and media can't get any mileage out of this to further their cause so they'll just ignore it.
    mbguy29577 likes this.

Have to wonder what would have happened to the girls if he were not there or was not allowed to carry his gun in a "gun-free" zone. Lets make it more dangerous to be a thug than to be an armed citizen.
    pappou68 and Spirit51 like this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Have to wonder what would have happened to the girls if he were not there or was not allowed to carry his gun in a "gun-free" zone. Lets make it more dangerous to be a thug than to be an armed citizen.
    Amen. That's the only way we'll be safer but the idiots in charge will never see it that way.

I believe the greatest enemy for the mother of the dead robber would be denial. It is human nature to not want to believe the child you brought into the world can turn out like this and end up shot dead. However, because of her grief and sorrow, she wants "answers" but not the kind she needs to hear, sad to say. Nobody wants to live through what this mother is living.

Her son died long before the bullet ripped the life out of his body. He went over to the darkness that many young kids head for and this is how it usually ends. Not to sound religious, but you reap what you sow and the wage of sin is death. I think Junior found out this painful and eternal lesson and mom is in denial.

If we can get parents to stop believing their little punks are angels or ignoring the warning signs then some of this type of events could be prevented through better parenting. Denying that anything is wrong is not the way.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Have to wonder what would have happened to the girls if he were not there or was not allowed to carry his gun in a "gun-free" zone.
    I'm sure the two students and the armed coach are going to be thinking of that for the rest of their lives, forever being thankful that their state saw fit to not value their lives so little as some states do.

Lets make it more dangerous to be a thug than to be an armed citizen.
    Yup. That's exactly the point of decriminalizing being a citizen, "castle" protections for citizens protecting themselves, extremely harsh and consistently-applied sentencing for such violent predators once they are caught (to ensure they're removed from our midst and cannot do such things again). Indeed, it should, in a sense, be "open season" on criminals, in every way that matters. Until we do all of that, we're only playing at crime control via PC, power-hungry attempts at citizen control instead.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It seems that there are several stories like this coming out of Detroit in the last year or two.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Thumbs up 2 shot, 1 killed outside MLK High School in Detroit, 2 students saved

Fox 2 has learned the 70 year old coach for the girl's basketball team was walking two students to their cars at the time of the attempted robbery. When one pulled a gun, the coach fired back, shooting both teens.

A 2002 survey shows gun ownership among people age 65 and older is on the rise.
    2 shot, 1 killed outside MLK High School in Detroit - Fox 2 News Headlines
    ep1953 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

School Shooting not covered on the news

Here is a link to a recent school shooting that has not recieved much media coverage

Martin Luther King Jr. High School coach shoots attackers
    tony1990 likes this.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Think you clicked the wrong thread. Unless I missed the holster part
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Why would the left wing news media run the incident, the incident is contradictory to their weapons ban agenda.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    Of course, if they did share it on the mainstream media, it would be played up that he had extra training as a Reserve Police Officer and not that he was like every other concealed carrier.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Re: School Shooting not covered on the news

Thanks for the link. I posted the article to my Facebook page. I don't mind doing three lame stream media work. This is much better than arguing facts & figures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I believe that most of the public takes what they see on the news as fact. In the reality of it the media reports what the think the people want to see, what brings the ratings up. Example SandyHook, reporters on the scene bringing it to you live as it happened, but most of the first reports were wrong. The story changed several times. The media also does not to often report the leagally armed citizen that protects his or her home of family's safety with a weapon unless it feeds into The governments Gun Grab efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Doesn't support their anti gun agenda.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links