Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!!

This is a discussion on Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is such a tragedy, and so senseless. This man, this WARRIOR was a real american hero, and he'll never be forgotten. I echo the ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!!

This is such a tragedy, and so senseless.

This man, this WARRIOR was a real american hero, and he'll never be forgotten. I echo the sentiments that all the conspiracy nonsense should be tabled out of respect for this great man, and his friend that were murdered.

RIP Chief Kyle. My prayers for your family, the family of Chris Littlefield, and all of your friends who will no doubt be affected by this horrendous crime.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

2. Remove Ads

This man was murdered by a thug, no more, no less. May his murderer pay the ultimate penalty.

scott
    Spirit51 likes this.

Administrator
    R.I.P.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

R.I.P. Chief Petty Officer Chris Kyle.

I don't think any of us are in a position to armchair quarterback about the circumstances behind taking Mr. Routh to the range. We don't know the details and probably never will. The important thing is Chris was doing as much as he could to help struggling veterans, which is more than most of us can say. For that, he has my unyielding respect.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

CHIEF KYLE, has done more for this country than we will ever know. A TRUE HERO IN MY LIFETIME. rd

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

It is sad when anyone gets murdered but this is one that really makes people feel sick.

If PTSD was a contributing factor it still doesn't make it easier to take. We just don't know what may be running through the minds of some people.

I have a friend who is bi polar to the max and have seen him just explode over the most trivial "offences" and yet something major, he barely notices. Mental illness is something that is so difficult to diagnose and treat.

Rest in peace, Chief Kyle, you have earned it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Ive been out of town and out of the loop, just found out about this and Im PISSED!!! This man was a national treasure and did not deserve to go out like this. In terms of a suspected "hit", thats a pretty big leap. Who would stand to gain from this man's death or what ends would be accomplished by doing this? All this talk about mental illness and how it goes hand-in-hand with gun violence, perhaps a ploy to lobby for universal background checks, maybe its, whatever. Perhaps we'll have more to go on if Obama sheds a fake tear for him and politicize's this event.

I can huff and puff all day about this, but what it comes down to is he died doing something he loved.

There's a nice cozy fox hole for you to over-watch the gates, RIP Chief Kyle.

What kind of rifle you think God will give him?
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

VIP Member

Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!!

Good man.......RIP

Lesson to remember from this:

don't let your guard down........
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

RIP, Chief Kyle, very tragic to lose your life at home after all you survived. Prayers are with your family and the family of Mr. Littlefield.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I have lost what little respect I had for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul tweets about SEAL sniper’s death: ‘He who lives by the sword dies by the sword’

Read more: Ron Paul tweets about SEAL sniper's death | The Daily Caller

Ron Paul Slams Murdered U.S. Sniper Chris Kyle

Former Republican presidential contender Ron Paul has just put out a tweet slamming U.S. Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, author of the New York Times bestseller American Sniper, who was murdered this weekend at a shooting range.

Two observations:

1. Chris Kyle was an American hero of the highest order. And he used the sword because he was in the military, where his job was to keep America safe.

2. SEALS who served with Kyle said that using the gun range for persons with PTSD made sense. It put them around things with which they were "familiar" and was therefore a "very comfortable" environment.

God bless the family of Chris Kyle.

"Breitbart News" <noreply@breitbart.com
    Last edited by Spirit51; February 4th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    tragedy

Unfortunately our commander n thief is using this story for gun control in MN.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I was NEVER EVER EVER a conspirocy person, but Im seeing too many "Coincidences, And I dont believe in coincidence's..This new world government cant have people who are able to influence other people in a way that promotes freedom.. Freedom is under attack, and not just from over seas, but right in our back yard. They dont want self reliant people, or people who can think for themselves. They dont want businesses to succeed, they are power hungry, and people who are willing to defend freedom are now a threat to them.. They want to change the definition of America. They want to take away all of the american traditons. Even football is being messed with... We got change alright, and many people are dying for it...

Something fishy goin on here mang

Also this is anothe way to take guns from vetrens, PTSD will become a no no for owning a firearm, just as other things like Anxiety, depression, you know the medicines they been pushing on us for a couple decades but more so in the past ten years.. They want our guns.
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.

THIS is a MAN that deserves HERO status..... the problem with most of todays society is they consider sports figures and the next pop stars their heros . . imho Russ
    mg27 likes this.

RKM
    I was just dishing my self some spaghetti for dinner when I heard this on the news. I'm not often shocked by the news, but this shocked me. I'm bothered by it, seeing as though somebody would kill him, of all people.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links