Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!!

This is a discussion on Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RKM Seriously? I support the First amendment, even when people say things I disagree with 100%. That's what's great about this County. ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Chris Kyle - The American Sniper - shot dead today!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Seriously? I support the First amendment, even when people say things I disagree with 100%. That's what's great about this County. But these people are on the border of committing harassment in my opinion. The people that are constantly protested by these nut jobs are generally nothing but great people who have only done good things in life. Why don't they protest the funerals of criminals?
    Because criminals don't try and sue them and criminals have no money to countersue for.

Fred Phelps (WBC creator) is a 'gifted' attorney. He's turned his 'family' into a money-making empire by skirting the thin lines of our Constitution and reaping profit from others heartache and misery. WBC protests where they will be ill received and where there's a good chance that some poor grief-stricken relative will have enough anger to try and take them to court over their 'protest'. Because Phelps knows the legal lines he cannot cross, he always stays within the bounds of the First Amendment and therefore always wins in court when he countersues. The icing on the cake is because they are a "church", all their legal winnings are tax free.

When they stop getting news coverage and people realize that they can't make money in court if nobody takes them to court, their funds will dry.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    OK, for all the arm-chair shrinks out there in DC land, although I have been a licensed Therapist for 20 years, I defer to somebody more knowledgable:

Bold print added by me.......

Rest In Peace Chief.

Jon: is there a way for us here at DC to help his family in a tangible way??
    Here's where we can make donations for the families.

Craft Gear Store
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Here's a letter posted on Lightfighter

Retired SEAL Larry Yatch sent this out to all of us who train at Sealed Mindset, I think more people need to read it.

-

I come to the Sealed Mindset community with an important request. Many of you have met me and have thanked me for my sacrifice for your freedoms. I appreciate the thoughts, and it makes me happy to know that many of you value the sacrifice that goes along with being a special operations warrior. I want to share with you some personal thoughts about the loss of my friend and brother in arms Chris Kyle.

Chris Kyle is a national hero.

He is known for being the deadliest sniper in US history.

I had the honor of not only knowing Chris but working closely with him for many years. There are a couple insights into Chris and what made him tick that I feel are critical for you to understand.

Chris was not a taker of life; he was a giver of life.

He was the silent hand that ensured a bullet did not hit you from an unseen direction.

He was driven to do whatever was possible and some things that were impossible to protect his bothers in arms.

His ability to shoot accurately at great distances under impossible circumstances allowed him to keep countless soldiers safe.

He wiped from this earth those that were driven by hatred to try and take American lives.

His actions changed the tides of battles.

Read that again and concentrate on the words: His actions changed the tides of battles.

I have been involved in a number of actions that had significant effects on the course of the war. Yet I had a critical realization when I looked at these actions within the lens of the entire war. I realized that if I took my ego out of the assessment it was not I that had significant impact it was the overall actions that had the impact. That is a small but significant difference. If I had not been involved, another SEAL would have carried the day; it was the cumulative effort of many fine men that made the difference. When I speak of Chris it was different, there was not another SEAL that could have taken his place and had the same effect.

One would think that being this significant would have resulted in a sense of accomplishment. A sense of paying your debt to the country you love, which each one of us SEALs feels.

Unfortunately that was not the case with Chris. I remember it like it was yesterday. Chris and I sat in my living room. I was freshly out of the hospital and he was freshly back from his historic deployment.

He sat there troubled with a look of pain on his face as he recounted the deployment. He did not speak of the hundreds of amazing shots he made, or of the awards he got. He spoke of being a failure.

Yes, you read that correctly - he felt he was a failure.

He said that he was haunted by the brother SEALs that were hurt or killed providing overwatch for him. He explained how he had not done enough, and that was obvious by guys that were killed and injured. He went on to express his disappointment in his skills and his frustration with having to be taken out of the fight. We commiserated that the need, so deep within us, screaming to protect the weak, to protect our cherished way of life, to cleanse the world of the evil men that use the terror of innocents as a weapon could not be satiated.

That need to keep up the fight is what inspired us both to dedicated our post SEAL lives to training and education. If we couldn't be on the front lines we could ensure that those that were fighting in our stead would be prepared.

This lifetime of sacrifice runs deeper than you can imagine. It goes beyond the hard work, the injuries, and the losses of friends. It reaches all the way to those we love. They must sacrifice as well. They have to see us broken inside and out, they have to become independent, and they have to constantly live in fear of losing us.

All of this sacrifice is for every single one of you. This sacrifice allows you to enjoy your lives, your children, and your freedom.

We ask but one thing, protect our families while we are on watch; to make sure they are safe, cared for, and supported.

Well Chris has started his next great deployment, and his family needs our support while he is gone.

Go to this website and provide some small sign to them that you acknowledge and appreciate the safety and freedom that Chris directly provided you and your family.

Stay safe,
    Larry
    OD*, Bark'n and airslot like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links