7yr. old Colorado boy suspended.

This is a discussion on 7yr. old Colorado boy suspended. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just heard this on the radio. He was suspended for throwing an imaginary grenade during a game of save the world....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7yr. old Colorado boy suspended.

Thumbs down 7yr. old Colorado boy suspended.

Just heard this on the radio. He was suspended for throwing an imaginary grenade during a game of save the world.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Wow

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    yeah...saw that yesterday...knee jerk reaction...And you thought school administrators could think and reason....no wonder the US is rated 17th..

The United States places 17th in the developed world for education, according to a global report by education firm Pearson.

Finland and South Korea, not surprisingly, top the list of 40 developed countries with the best education systems. Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore follow.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

But once he threw it he said "pshhh" indicicating it detonated....

Colorado boy, 7, reportedly faces suspension for tossing imaginary grenade | Fox News

Outrageous. I get closer to homeschooling every day....
    Poseidon likes this.

J_B

My 2nd grade son was given "Bench Time" which lasted the length (10 minutes) of his last recess of the day because he stayed home sick the day before with a 102/103 temp.

Teacher stated he "owed" her time for being sick, essentially punishing him for staying home sick.

His mom wasn't happy and my fiancée about went through the roof.

His mom emailed the teacher but has yet to get a response a week later.

I'm all for punishing my child if he messed up but not because he was sick.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    When I hear things like this I think.....there is no hope for america.

I knew a guy who got called into the school when his son drew a picture of a helicoptor shooting people....when ask the kid said when he grows up he wants to be like daddy and fly around and shoot terrorists.

The teacher brought the dad in and expressed deep concern. The father said that he was in the Military and that he saw no harm in what his son did. The teacher threatened to suspend the kid, and the dad said "Your going to suspend my kid because he wants to be in the US military like his old man and defend this nation, i see great honor in that!"

The biggest change in this country that needs to change is schooling....our kids are being programed to be wimps, conciencious objectors, and to have no national pride.
    phreddy and Poseidon like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

What is up with all this "Zero Tolerance" crap? I mean that it's one thing to be prudent and watch out for some signs a kid might have some violent tendencies or do things that really are scary, but this? Wow.

Schools have ceased to be for education and are just clearing houses for moronic reaction to behaviour. No wonder our kids can't read, write, do math and THINK for themselves. How about the trauma on this kid caused by over-zealous haters of any kind of display of a so called "weapon?" Does anyone really look at that.

Probably not.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I know there are some decent teachers out there, but the more I see stuff like like the more I worry about our future. These are the people in charge of teaching a majority of the kids in our nation. Common sense is becoming non-existent. I am so glad that I can afford to send my kids to a private school.

Zero tolerance has gone too far....we have to apply common sense to these decisions. How about a zero tolerance policy for school administrators.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Common sense is prohibited in our public school system.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Zero tolerance has gone too far....we have to apply common sense to these decisions. How about a zero tolerance policy for school administrators.
    ^^^^^^
    What he said
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Moderator
    I am having less hope in the future of our country.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Zero tolerance = zero intelligence

How many school administrators would we have left if every citizen demanded a "zero tolerance" for school administrators? One child fails in the district; fire the administrators. Any breach of code of conduct or district policy; fired. No discretion. No review. No exceptions. They just lose their jobs because absolutely no rational thought can interfere with the policy.

It's pure insanity, the level of ignorance that creates and enforces these policies.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Imagine the chaos the teacher would have reaped had it been his/her kid who got suspended for that nonsense.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    If that policy had been in effect back in my days, I'd have never made it through kindergarten--day one.
    Poseidon likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links