Defense of others upheld but bad cc..... - Page 2

Defense of others upheld but bad cc.....

This is a discussion on Defense of others upheld but bad cc..... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the type of situation that I'd never really considered. Suppose the firearm belonged to an individual who was attacking a felon. Would the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Defense of others upheld but bad cc.....

New Member Array alabama_lowlife's Avatar
    This is the type of situation that I'd never really considered. Suppose the firearm belonged to an individual who was attacking a felon. Would the felon still be in hot water if he disarmed the attacker and defended himself with the same firearm? I know that by the letter of the law he probably would be. But does that mean the felon has to just accept being killed to stay within the law? Doesn't seem right, but logic is not a factor in the legal system.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Streeeeeeetch!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I am willing to wager he will be aquitted, when a jury gets a hold of this.

He is also likely to be off his daughters Chritmas card list for next year tho, as she has possibly been enabling the deceased for a while. Glad they are both OK.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Eagleks, I may be wrong, but the way I understand the law, it is illegal for him to possess the firearm for ANY amount of time, including during the shooting. The fact that the shooting it's self was justified does not allow for his possession of the gun during the shooting. I can only assume he knew he'd be charged for the possession since he had been previously. IMO, he did the right thing. Protect someone in need and accept the consequences of your decisions.
    I agree. He knew the score. He was willing to sacrifice more of his freedom to save his daughter's life. Let's hope the DA takes that into account, unless he is an SOB trying to pad his stats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links