Utility worker hits one out of two robbers

This is a discussion on Utility worker hits one out of two robbers within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesssss! Detroit Public Lighting worker shoots at robbers, hits 1 | News - Home...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MotorCityGun
  • 1 Post By niks
  • 1 Post By DJC7
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 2 Post By goldshellback

Thread: Utility worker hits one out of two robbers

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

shadowwalker likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Hope they dont come up with a regulation that you have to let the same guy rob you once and come back for seconds before you can defend yourself
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Fortunately for the victims, the stupid dirtbags just HAD to come back...congrats to the victims, but they/he needs a bit more range time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This is what we are screaming about to the Anti gun crowd. We NEED guns to defend ourselves from the likes of these two.

Not all shooting situations end with the BG's being hit, and the shock of being robbed added to the mess. Pumping adrenaline and the disbelief of it happening is also a factor, but he did have the guts to pop off some rounds to thwart the robbery. That is what it is all about.

Everyone needs to be able to do this if the time comes or the incident presents itself. The gun-haters will think as they always do, "just comply with the robbers and everything will be ok" and that we gun carriers wake up each day with the thought of shooting someone.

Somewhere in Detriot though, there are a couple of thugs who got their world rocked by someone packin'. That is good.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Dont blame him a bit. Maybe a lesson was learned by those young men,but I doubt it

The story said he hit both
    DJC7 likes this.

Rob me once, shame on you. Rob me twice...
    OldVet likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

VIP Member
    Well, Jesse and Al are most likely on their way here to organize a candlelight protest/vigil.
    Haven't heard from the momma yet as to what good babies they were, and that they were just looking for bus fare home from choir practice at the church.

I'd be willing to wager the city worker gets some heat from the city for packin' while on the clock.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

mkh
    It's Detroit....anything could happen there.

Wonder if he will get in trouble...some employers frown of defending your life while on their time.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

This strikes a little close to home for me. My FIL was a master electrictian/lineman. He worked the Liberty City area during the riots there... and LA during the (gasp) riots there as well. He had an old Stevens Shotty that he had just for that reason. The police in both areas wouldn't stay with 'em after 'supper time'. He called it his 'bucket gun'....
    Those guys go in after the 'emergengy' to get power back on and more than once his crew had to 'fend off' the lesser of the local population.

Those linemen, and power company workers, have a tough enough job. In detroit, that counts at hazard pay me thinks.

Good job on those guys NOT falling pray to those a second time.
    JoJoGunn and blitzburgh like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    The story said he hit both
    The initial (pre-edited) story said he hit one, but apparently (and fortunately) he hit both. I say that's purty' good shootin' when it counted.

MCG
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I retired from the Electric Company as a Lineman/ Technician, but not in Detroit, and I'll bet he loses his job over having his firearm in his truck on duty! And using it!
    Mine made sure every one of us CHL holders understood that being armed on duty meant our Careers!
    Mainly because of the Liability it put the Company in! And as for getting the lights back on in the rough neighborhoods, they stayed in the dark until daylight if our safety became an issue!

Glad to see him able to defend himself, many of my Co workers went armed anyay when required to work the rough neighborhoods They just figured they would rather have to find a new career than be dead because of the Company put them at risk Our jobs were dangerous enough without adding Bad Guys to the Job!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I retired from the Electric Company as a Lineman/ Technician, but not in Detroit, and I'll bet he loses his job over having his firearm in his truck on duty! And using it!
    Mine made sure every one of us CHL holders understood that being armed on duty meant our Careers!
    Mainly because of the Liability it put the Company in! And as for getting the lights back on in the rough neighborhoods, they stayed in the dark until daylight if our safety became an issue!

Glad to see him able to defend himself, many of my Co workers went armed anyay when required to work the rough neighborhoods They just figured they would rather have to find a new career than be dead because of the Company put them at risk Our jobs were dangerous enough without adding Bad Guys to the Job!
    This may or may not be my line of thinking if I was in that situation/field of work.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Not only are they dealiing with armed dirt bags, they've also got to deal with this Left In The Dark: Copper Thieves Rob Detroit Freeways Of Light « CBS Detroit

NRA Life

Links