Concealed Carry Holders Protecting Themselves & Others in Detroit

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Holders Protecting Themselves & Others in Detroit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just keep posting these stories that don't fit in with the main stream media's narrative of guns are evil and even good guys shouldn't ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Yoda
  • 2 Post By Alex_C
  • 1 Post By Mr B
  • 2 Post By Maverickx50
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By mbguy29577

Thread: Concealed Carry Holders Protecting Themselves & Others in Detroit

VIP Member

I just keep posting these stories that don't fit in with the main stream media's narrative of guns are evil and even good guys shouldn't have guns...oh well, what are you going to do.

Sure wish they reported all the incidents of when a good guy triumphs over a bad guy...wouldn't it be nice to hear those stories more often?

ITíS BEEN A BAD WEEK FOR ROBBERS IN DETROIT: CONCEALED CARRY HOLDERS FIGHT BACK AND OPEN FIRE
    Feb. 8, 2013 10:45pm Jason Howerton

Twice this week robbers in Detroit were shot by concealed carry holders who refused to be victims.

On Thursday night, a pair of teenagers approached two utility workers with the intention of robbing them. What the criminals didnít know is one of the workers was a concealed carry holder. He pulled out his handgun and shot both teens, injuring them ó one crucially and the other seriously.

The rest of the story here: It?s Been a Bad Week for Robbers in Detroit: Concealed Carry Holders Fight Back and Open Fire | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

"...one crucially and the other seriously."

What odd wording. But good for the good guys!
    darbo likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

"Young teen crucified by mean utility worker"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    darbo likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

The "reporters" giving this story act all "shocked" that people would actually use a gun to shoot a robber? The "I can't believe it is happening" look on their faces and sound of their voice is actually sickening.

Of course, dummy, people will take action and dispatch an ARMED robber to the hospital or the morgue. It's just that simple. Decent law abiding and WORKING folks are just sick and tired of being victims of crime. The "news" reporters say it is an "alarming" trend. Duh. The more that robbers get shot by their victims, the less likely they might want to engage in it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    The "reporters" giving this story act all "shocked" that people would actually use a gun to shoot a robber? The "I can't believe it is happening" look on their faces and sound of their voice is actually sickening.
    Michigan would be a red state if it wasn't for Detroit. I hate seeing us turn blue on the map during elections knowing full well that 90% of people outside the city voted otherwise.
    BurgerBoy and JoJoGunn like this.

[QUOTE=JoJoGunn;2601442]The "reporters" giving this story act all "shocked" that people would actually use a gun to shoot a robber? The "I can't believe it is happening" look on their faces and sound of their voice is actually sickening.

It just shows you how out of touch reporters are when it comes to things happening in the real world.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Seems reporters, for the most part, a while back gave up reporting and moved to making or at least influencing the people thru their media. We should stop calling the reporters. maybe lobbyist would be more accurate.
    BugDude and JoJoGunn like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

But, but, but, guns are evil and they kill innocent people indiscriminately. The liberals would have you believe that somehow it is more honorable to beg for your life and hope you survive than defend yourself with a gun. I say good for the good guys. If the lamebrain media covered more stories like this perhaps bad guys would re-think their career choices.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guy, they just don't care about that..........they just want to kill the US Constitution .... IMO.

Most people who act shocked at these stories have never owned a gun or had one shoved in their face.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

too bad those scumbags didn't die

Sponsored Links