16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery - Page 2

16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery

This is a discussion on 16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by NCSoxFan When I read this article I couldn't help but think of the 18 year old Penelope Soto who's court room antics ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: 16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    When I read this article I couldn't help but think of the 18 year old Penelope Soto who's court room antics went viral when the judge slammed her with contempt after she flipped him off. Too often these kids are never challenged or held accountable by any true authority figure and they turn into criminals with no respect for authority or concept of personal responsibility.
    I applaud this business owner for doing the right thing. It's a shame that he now has to live with the burden of taking a young life.
    As a parent, the soto video makes me think her parents never corrected or gave her no for an answer.
    Snub44 and msgt/ret like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

We had a similar case in Dallas. See link below:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/d...adly-shooting/

If you assault someone or break into their home... They can (should) use deadly force. They should teach this in schools with real pictures.
    NCSoxFan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    Good for the owner of American Mattress for not taking the robbery lying down.
    I see what you did there
    NCSoxFan likes this.

"...don't do da crime if ya can't do da time..." Tony Baretta

He played a very stupid and dangerous game, and he won the ultimate prize. That's what happens when you go around robbing, beating, and pointing a gun at people.

The mom thinks he was coerced...heck, HE had the loaded rifle. How coerced could he have been???
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Too bad it doesn't look like NC has felony murder in the same sense that other states do. You get charged with felony murder if anyone dies as a result of a felony you were committing, even one of your accomplices.

Quote Originally Posted by BelaOkmyx View Post
    Too bad it doesn't look like NC has felony murder in the same sense that other states do. You get charged with felony murder if anyone dies as a result of a felony you were committing, even one of your accomplices.

Oh we got it, got some teeth too. would be very surprised if it doesn't get added before their arraignment.

ß 14-17. Murder in the first and second degree defined; punishment.

A murder which shall be perpetrated by means of poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which shall be committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of any arson, rape or a sex offense, robbery, kidnapping, burglary, or other felony committed or attempted with the use of a deadly weapon shall be deemed to be murder in the first degree, a Class A felony, and any person who commits such murder shall be punished with death or imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole as the court shall determine pursuant to G.S. 15A-2000, except that any such person who was under 17 years of age at the time of the murder shall be punished with imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole. Provided, however, any person under the age of 17 who commits murder in the first degree while serving a prison sentence imposed for a prior murder or while on escape from a prison sentence imposed for a prior murder shall be punished with death or imprisonment in the State's prison for life without parole as the court shall determine pursuant to G.S. 15A-2000. All other kinds of murder, including that which shall be proximately caused by the unlawful distribution of opium or any synthetic or natural salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium, or cocaine or other substance described in G.S. 90-90(1)d., when the ingestion of such substance causes the death of the user, shall be deemed murder in the second degree, and any person who commits such murder shall be punished as a Class B2 felon. (1893, cc. 85, 281; Rev., s. 3631; C.S., s. 4200; 1949, c. 299, s. 1; 1973, c. 1201, s. 1; 1977, c. 406, s. 1; 1979, c. 682, s. 6; 1979, c. 760, s. 5; 1979, 2nd Sess., c. 1251, ss. 1, 2; 1981, c. 662, s. 1; 1987, c. 693; 1989, c. 694; 1993, c. 539, s. 112; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 21, s. 1; c. 22, s. 4; c. 24, s. 14(c); 1997-456, s. 27.)
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

He's down for the dirt nap.

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    And of course his mother says it's very out of character for him. Blah, blah, blah. Every time something like this happens there is some family member who insists their boy/brother/nephew/cousin/whatever would never do such a thing.
    It's almost always the mother though. You never seem to hear anything from the child's father....and that could be part of the problem.
    phreddy, DJC7, ep1953 and 1 others like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

No mercy here...this little thug (and his friends) chose to play an adult game and one paid the ultimate price (hopefully, the rest will suffer the penalties, too.)...not a problem for me.
    Even 'axe murderers' have mothers who love them, so that is expected.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If as reported ...

Momma never taught her son that engaging in armed robbery and threatening others with murder is wrong. He was shown personally, instead. Lesson learned, for his part. Others forced him to become an armed robber, eh? Momma still doesn't seem to get it.

I suppose the liberty haters will be showing this as an example of how one doesn't actually need to own any weapons since the weapons of the assailants can simply be taken and used against them.

Kudos to the victim for surviving the attack. Watch your back, Jack. Four fled (including the driver), and each knows where you are.
    JoJoGunn and Spirit51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The ages of the other two perps make me think there might be something to his mother's arguement. They were 26 and 27. Of course what was he doing haning out with them? A parent should know who their kids hang around.
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The ages of the other two perps make me think there might be something to his mother's arguement. They were 26 and 27. Of course what was he doing haning out with them? A parent should know who their kids hang around.
    Well, given the fact that the dead one was the one with the loaded weapon, I have a difficult time believing that he was 'forced' into his actions. More likely he was trying to hang with the wrong crowd and allowed himself to be put in the situation that ultimately ended his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spirit51, ep1953, JDE101 and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well, given the fact that the dead one was the one with the loaded weapon, I have a difficult time believing that he was 'forced' into his actions. More likely he was trying to hang with the wrong crowd and allowed himself to be put in the situation that ultimately ended his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Often gangs will make/let the members under 18 do the shooting becuase they will be tried as an child and not an adult. I think you are most likely right, but the mom's version could be possible. I would need to see more evidence such as another accomplice who stayed behind with the sister for instance.

OD*
    Bust'em or Dust'em Noble Mon. ~ Clete Purcel
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links