16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery - Page 3

16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery

This is a discussion on 16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by phreddy The ages of the other two perps make me think there might be something to his mother's arguement. They were 26 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: 16 Year Old Intruder Killed in Attempted Robbery

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The ages of the other two perps make me think there might be something to his mother's arguement. They were 26 and 27. Of course what was he doing haning out with them? A parent should know who their kids hang around.
    Good point- a 16 year old with adults is always the follower and never the leader. They probably gave him the rifle knowing he would be the first one to die if the robbery went bad, and that's what happened. It doesn't excuse the behavior of the kid with the rifle, but it's too bad the adults didn't catch the lead instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BelaOkmyx View Post
    Good point- a 16 year old with adults is always the follower and never the leader. They probably gave him the rifle knowing he would be the first one to die if the robbery went bad, and that's what happened. It doesn't excuse the behavior of the kid with the rifle, but it's too bad the adults didn't catch the lead instead.
    Actually, they were probably thinking the armed juvenile would be tried as a juvenile if things went sour and they were caught.

(and I might add, it may have been the kid who came up with the idea)
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Looks like he could be Joe Bidens son! Cough!

A regular Choir boy!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

It's a shame the kid was the only one to die. The other dirtbags should have gotten theirs too. I have zero tolerance for scumbags who try to steal from honest people. The kid chose to hang with the wrong crowd and paid the ultimate price. I do feel sorry for the store owner for having to do what he had to do. He feels bad, but in my opinion, he shouldn't. He protected himself.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Being an armed criminal is dangerous work at any age. I like how they showed such a sweet picture of the kid. Should have used the morgue shot to scare others with similar ideas.

^^^^^^^I'm in this camp^^^^^^^^

on this one.

Already have momma on record saying her baby must have been brainwashed or something.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    All that is well and good, but they need to be facing felony murder charges for the death of their compadre.

There needs to be a reckoning for the death of their fellow robber, and they are the ones who need to pay the tab for that one.
    Well the fellow paying this price is the store owner, sad to say. He's the one gotta live with it and he's the victim. He's the one I feel for.
    msgt/ret and JDE101 like this.

VIP Member
    All that is well and good, but they need to be facing felony murder charges for the death of their compadre.

There needs to be a reckoning for the death of their fellow robber, and they are the ones who need to pay the tab for that one.
    We do have a felony murder statute here in North Carolina; hopefully the DA will charge the other criminals with it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    Well the fellow paying this price is the store owner, sad to say. He's the one gotta live with it and he's the victim. He's the one I feel for.

That is why the two surviving robbers should be gigged with the felony murder charge.

That store owner is most definitely carrying a heavy burden for the incident. He shouldn't have to... but he's a good guy, and good guys hate having to take anyone's life. Let alone the life of a 16 year old. So, he is definitely going to be scarred from this incident.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the very least society can do to help compensate for the store owner's suffering, is to make it sting as much as possible for the surviving perpetrators.

So, my question is... if "felony murder" is an option in that state, why would the prosecutor not want to pursue it? If that state has a "felony murder" statute, it's pretty much a slam dunk conviction on that type of charge.
    phreddy likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    Good for the owner of American Mattress for not taking the robbery lying down.
    I see what you did there!

Sad that the kid chose that profession, but it was his choice and he got to live with it...for a short while.
    OD* likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    Good for the owner of American Mattress for not taking the robbery lying down.
    Well, the thug made his own bed. Now he gets to sleep in it, courtesy of the local good guy. Just as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    They face charges of robbery with a dangerous weapon, felony breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, and aid and abet of an armed robbery. More charges could be pending.
    ... the two surviving robbers should be gigged with the felony murder charge.
    Absolutely. Let reality hit them like a ton of bricks, full facial, general population in D block or "the rope."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links