Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff

This is a discussion on Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sarah Palin: Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff February 11, 2013 | 10:55 am | Modified: February 11, 2013 at 11:05 am ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SigPapa226
  • 3 Post By sigs
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff

Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff

Sarah Palin: Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff
    February 11, 2013 | 10:55 am | Modified: February 11, 2013 at 11:05 am

Sarah Palin is attending Chris Kyle’s funeral today, the heroic sniper who was tragically shot by a fellow Iraqi war veteran suffering from PTSD at a shooting range in Texas. The former Alaska governor expressed her gratitude for Kyle’s service on her Facebook page – suggesting that President Obama should do the same.

Read More: Sarah Palin: Hero sniper Chris Kyle deserves flags at half staff | WashingtonExaminer.com

Too bad this administration really does not care about our Military.

I take that back, they only care about diminishing it.
    msgt/ret and WHEC724 like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

I have the highest respect for not only Chris Kyle but for all active, retired and former military. But there is a national flag code by which we show proper respect for the flag. Chris Kyle and so many of us have served to honor the country and the flag. I believe he would desire the proper honors for him and the flag. Good intentions, while thoughtful, are not reason enough to make it up as we go along. Here is a good article explaining the code for half-staffing the flag and the improper good intentions. Displaying Flag at Half-Staff
    suntzu, sauerpuss and Cold Shot like this.

I agree with Sigs. This has nothing to do with the POTUS and IMO is is shameful to bring politics into this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    I suppose Whitney Houston was more deserving?

I'm tired of the rules always bending to the left.
    goawayfarm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

The flags were lowered in NJ, oredered so by the Republican governor.......He also had the flag lowered for service members and first responders that have died........What is your point?

BTW: Christie got hammered from all sides about that decision.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The flags were lowered in NJ, oredered so by the Republican governor.......He also had the flag lowered for service members and first responders that have died........What is your point?

BTW: Christie got hammered from all sides about that decision.
    I believe my point is clear, you either understand it or you don't.

Are you defending Christie's decision by pointing out that he got hammered for his poor decision? He's just another RINO that works to undermine our rights.

Chris Kyle and other service members are above needing special honors or gratitude. Although it disgraces our nation when it does not.

I believe my point is clear, you either understand it or you don't.

Are you defending Christie's decision by pointing out that he got hammered for his poor decision? He's just another RINO that works to undermine our rights.

Chris Kyle and other service members are above needing honors or gratitude. Although it disgraces our nation when it does not.
    You made your point perfectly clear and your analogy is flawed. You said:
    I simply pointed out that a Republican governor of a state, not the POTUS, has ordered the flags lowered for servicemembers and first responders as well. When you say "more desrving" it implies that he favored Houston over service members which is not true. Also, Christie has no decision making poweres as far as lowering the flags across the country.

Also, it is the state that loweres the flag for service members. Now, are you advocating that some service members are more deserving than others and that only a select few should have the flag lowered? Or are you suggesting that the flag should be lowered nationally for all service members when they die (even after they have left service). What exactly is the policy that has you upset and what policy is it that you would like to see in place?

Folks don't get into an uproar when a MOH winners, DFC/DSC winners, Silver Star winners from other wars pass away and the flag is not lowered for them. Chris Kyle is a special person. But aren't they all? What has everybody's feathers in a ruffle today? Is it because Obama is in office?

If you feel that the flag should be lowered for Chris Kyle around the country I respect that. I do not like the politcal posturing folks use to make a point though. And again, if it is too be lowred for Chris Kyle, where was all the uproar for the last 100 years when the aforementioned award winners have died and the flag was not lowered across the country?

BTW: I thought Christie was an idiot about lowering the flag for Ms Houston. Whay did you even assk that? I don't see the correlation between stating a fact and you thinking that I was possibly defending Christie. A fact is there are taxes. From that statement do you infer that I like paying taxes? I am a very simple man. If I do not state something, please do not look into my words and try to guess or think that something is a miss. I have a wife for that

Gotta support those crackheads.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ... From that statement do you infer that I like paying taxes? I am a very simple man. If I do not state something, please do not look into my words and try to guess or think that something is a miss. I have a wife for that
    Are you trying to compete with me on flawed analogies?

I've got a cold and feel too crappy to defend my rant for the day. At least we can agree that Christie is an idiot and that we've lost a great American hero.

Are you trying to compete with me on flawed analogies?

I've got a cold and feel too crappy to defend my rant for the day. At least we can agree that Christie is an idiot and that we've lost a great American hero.
    OK, now that we have a truce LOL. I found this quote and thought it was interesting. It is not taken out of context. It was about lowering the flag when servicemembers die:
    “When we lower it now, people notice it and ask why,” Mr. Burk said. “If you lower every time a soldier dies, it will be down so often that people will only notice and ask when it’s up.”
    Interesting take on it.

Links