Texas man shoots drunk driver who killed his two sons. Charged with murder.

This is a discussion on Texas man shoots drunk driver who killed his two sons. Charged with murder. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Father indicted in death of drunk driver - Houston Chronicle...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 6 Post By Brad426

Thread: Texas man shoots drunk driver who killed his two sons. Charged with murder.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Terribly sad. A friend of mine was almost killed by a drunk doing 110. My friend suffered severe
    injuries and lost almost 6 months of work, and he still suffers but has to work. No sympathy for drunk
    drivers from me.

If the story is factually true the murder charge is required, but one hopes whoever sets the
    sentence in that state finds a way to make the punishment as mild as is possible.

It seems weird that the gun was never located. Hope that raises some reasonable doubt.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Terribly sad. A friend of mine was almost killed by a drunk doing 110. My friend suffered severe
    injuries and lost almost 6 months of work, and he still suffers but has to work. No sympathy for drunk
    drivers from me.

If the story is factually true the murder charge is required, but one hopes whoever sets the
    sentence in that state finds a way to make the punishment as mild and is possible.

It seems weird that the gun was never located. Hope that raises some reasonable doubt.
    I agree with you Hop. While I may have thought about the old west vengeance, I can't act upon it.
    The anguish this Father must be going through is as bad as knowing if he commited the Homicide the anguish still doesn't go away. I hope a plead deal is reached
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Having been where this father is at one time in my own life insanity plea would have been more appropriate. I doubt he was capable of "reflecting" on anything. Except that his two young sons had just been killed by a drunk idiot. Had he lived the drunk would have been charged with double homicide. Matter of semantics and legal mumbo jumbo .

If he remembers doing it even if he gets the death penalty for it, I doubt he regrets it. Or ever will. Or should. JMO
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I'd have a hard time voting to convict if I was on the jury...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Sponsored Links