33 YO Career Criminal Retired Early!

This is a discussion on 33 YO Career Criminal Retired Early! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Career Criminal Retired Early! Another Bad Guy Retired after learning a hard lesson! Don't be breaking into the Old Man House! Cuz, he won't fight ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 33 YO Career Criminal Retired Early!

33 YO Career Criminal Retired Early!

Career Criminal Retired Early!
    Another Bad Guy Retired after learning a hard lesson!
    Don't be breaking into the Old Man House! Cuz, he won't fight you, he'll just kill you instead!

Gotta love living in Texas!
    The Video tells it all! This Dead Criminal had an 18 page RAP Sheet!
    And pay attention to how the Reporters back up the Castle Doctrine!
    The Grand Jury won't even break a sweat on this one!
    Bravo to Seargant Johnson and the Dallas Police Department!

But I got to thinking, why would I fire a warning shot and destroy my property inside my home, just to let him know he needed to go break into someone else's home?

Elderly man kills intruder in Oak Cliff home - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Posted: Feb 18, 2013
    An elderly man shot and killed a would-be burglar inside his Oak Cliff home.

Police say the homeowner saw Deyfon Pipkins, 33, trying to climb into the window and fired his weapon at least once at the intruder.

The homeowner is legally protected by the Castle Doctrine, which allows a person to defend his or her home against an intruder.

"It means they don't actually have to retreat once someone comes in their home," Sergeant Calvin Johnson, Dallas Police Department, said. "You have the option of using deadly force if you believe your life is in danger."

After police notified relatives of Pipkins' death, some showed up at the house. They were upset, and questioned the homeowner's actions.

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."

Pipkins had a lengthy criminal record. He served time in prison and was convicted of theft, possession of a Controlled Substance and criminal trespassing.

The homeowner has not been charged with anything, but Dallas police will refer the case to the Grand Jury to decide if he acted criminally in shooting the intruder.
    tony1990 and Sheldon J like this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If you are wondering who supports gun control, just watch the video.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I wonder if the dirt bag gave the man a "warning" before trying to break in. Good riddance.
    bigmacque, nedrgr21, mg27 and 3 others like this.

Well Lakesha he did let him know he had a gun and was armed...right about the time he shot his ass.This is Texas not Chicago
    Mr B, jhogan2424, mg27 and 5 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    What if the old man did not have a gun, would he be here today? I commend the police officer on his knowledge of the law, in my area the on scene officers leave the TV interviews to either the department spokesperson, the attorney and last but not least the chief.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."
    Pipkins had a lengthy criminal record. He served time in prison and was convicted of theft, possession of a Controlled Substance and criminal trespassing.
    Oh, really, Lakesha? A "warning?"

Perhaps his time in prison for committing this type of crime should have served as a "warning" but apparently, Mr. Pipkin was not listening.

Why is it that they can't see the truth, live in denial and want to place the blame on the homeowner? Pipkin got his "warning" and now he has eternity to consider it.
    jhogan2424, ccw9mm, mg27 and 4 others like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

The guy is a dirt bag that got what he deserved, and I would like to thank the home owner that shot him for saving the tax payers any future expense of having to deal with this worthless scumbag.
    jhogan2424, JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

...there is NEVER a good reason to fire a warning shot...the only thing evil understands is applied force...

...18 page rap sheet...he oughta get Hall of Fame as a SLOW LEARNER...
    JoJoGunn, Mr B, atctimmy and 1 others like this.

OD*
    He was just getting ready to turn his life around.
    Snub44, RSV, RonCo and 5 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Could have been avoided if Deyfon had used Da Fone instead of Da Window.
    Snub44, OD*, JoJoGunn and 9 others like this.

Hey Pipkin, If I give you a warning shot, are you going to stick around to help repair the hole in my ceiling? If not, then...
    JoJoGunn likes this.

What in the world were the LEO's thinking in releasing the address of the victim to the criminal's family? I know it'll come out eventually, but delay it for as long as possible.

...I'd suspect the press as likely as the LEOs...they LOVE to get the ignorant, emotional responses for their ratings...
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.

The woman said "Everybody deserves a second chance." A SECOND chance. The guy had an 18 page rap sheet! Give me a break! Grow up woman and realize your BIL was no good.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links