Man Confronts Burglar In Home

This is a discussion on Man Confronts Burglar In Home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This homeowner is kind of lucky. He came home to find a burglar in his home and went inside to get a knife to confront ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Man Confronts Burglar In Home

This homeowner is kind of lucky. He came home to find a burglar in his home and went inside to get a knife to confront an unknown individual. This is why we need to be armed and with more than just a knife.

Victim Confronts Burglar with Knife - WSAZ.com - Severe Weather and Breaking News Coverage in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

A burglar would be incredibly lucky and incredibly unlikely to find me armed only with a knife.
    JoJoGunn and Ghost1958 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    I'm sorry but the first think I think of when reading that story is how incredibly naive the homeowner is...

"He's lucky I'm not cleaning up his blood right now,” Bayes said.
    Um no. You are lucky that your next of kin isn't viewing your corpse in the morgue right now. You rushed into your home and armed yourself with a knife...

I hope he revisits his idea of an appropriate level of self/home defense before charging into a potentially deadly situation underprepared. I don't care what they are stealing, there's no reason to die over material objects.
    JoJoGunn, Ghost1958, jbum and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

"He's lucky I'm not cleaning up his blood right now,” Bayes said. “Somebody else comes in here and I see them, they're dead. That's just the way it is."

That sounds like a bunch of "big man" talk to the reporters after the fact.
    Ghost1958 and JoJoGunn like this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    This homeowner is lucky. He could have walked into an adversary who was armed with more than an air conditioner. Stand in front of the car so the burglar cant leave? He's not playing with a full deck of cards either.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

The ONLY thing he did right was to call 911 before entering the house.

Even if he had been armed with a gun his best move would've been staying outside the home in a covered position waiting for the cops.

This guy is definitely a Bugs Bunny class maroon.
    IBGoodToGo and JoJoGunn like this.

Dumb. I am not going into my house if it is obvious there has been a burglary, ESPECIALLY if it's still in progress. Call the cops and wait.
    I'm all for protecting yourself and your family but if no one is danger, why put yourself in danger?
    fredg53, JoJoGunn and IBGoodToGo like this.

I hear you on the "not confronting" comments, but I must confess, I did nearly the same thing when my home was burglarized.

The moment I saw the door pried open, wood debris on the floor, I rushed into the house without thinking that someone could be inside. Instead of getting the .357 snub from the wife who was still outside, I boldy went into our home and ran upstairs to find drawers ransacked, pistols and rifles missing and only one rifle left behind. We then discovered the thug went out the front door, probably as I was coming inside.

Looking back, that was incredibly stupid upon my part. Had this thug still been there, he would have been now armed with 4 fully loaded handguns and I would be confronting him un-armed. I'm lucky to say the least, but the shock of seeing my home broken into made me loose my situational awareness, because you NEVER think it will happen to you.

So I understand this guy, maybe in a momentary lapse of sanity he did something stupid.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; February 21st, 2013 at 04:20 PM.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I hear you JoJoGunn. Anybody can loose SA at any time. But in addition to his actions during this event, the reason to think this guy is a maroon is his statement to the newspaper concerning his intended action the NEXT time.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

There's no word on whether the female who was in the car will face charges
    Uh huh...

That homeowner's LUCKY.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No knives for this guy.
    Ghost1958 and JoJoGunn like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

One Lucky Maroon...
    PAPADALE1 likes this.

Ill probably go into my own home and clear it but I wont be bringing a knife to a possible gun fight either. 911 is nice if you can expect them to get there in half an hour but here its 20 mn minimum response time. I can have four armed bros here in five mins or less. Just sayin.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Cmon now always remember. Never bring a knife to a gunfight. what if that perp had a gun? that was not smart.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Ill probably go into my own home and clear it but I wont be bringing a knife to a possible gun fight either. 911 is nice if you can expect them to get there in half an hour but here its 20 mn minimum response time. I can have four armed bros here in five mins or less. Just sayin.
    I just have to ask...why? Unknown situation, unknown number of BG's, unknown number and types of weapons, unkown BG's outside (like here, he didn't know), all to see if your stuff is still there?
    The ONLY reason I would try to "clear" my house would be if I knew my family was in there and I had already called 911 to get LE and EMS involved in case anytignbad happened.

I won't touch on the legality of calling 4 of my bro's to assist me.
    ep1953 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links