Veterans Administraion disarming vets and more???

This is a discussion on Veterans Administraion disarming vets and more??? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this and it seems to be from a credible source but I had not heard of this before. Has anyone here got an ...

Thread: Veterans Administraion disarming vets and more???

I found this and it seems to be from a credible source but I had not heard of this before. Has anyone here got an clue if this is on the up and up? Any VETS got one these letters???
    If so this country has gone insane.

Disarming America's Heroes
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

All ready running in two other threads
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I'm a Vet and have not. I have had surgery at the VA not too long ago and heard nothing about firearms at all.

Sorry didnt see the other threads mod feel free delete this one. Appoligies
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

The 'Powers That Be' know what is coming & are trying to limit the ability of problematic response.

Jut had an appointment at the VA yesterday. I was asked all kinds of mental health questions. I was locked and loaded with a response concerning guns or guns in the home, none never came. I suppose if I had answered in the affirmative to any of the mental health questions, the topic would've gone to guns.

I never really considered myself a Vet since I never made it overseas. Plus all I ever get is bills and crap so checking my mail is at the bottom of the 'to do' list. But over the years I've known or been buds w/Vets as the years slip by we've lost touch with one another.

Just one more shining example to Not Trust The Government.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Other than my barely sucessful disablity battle with the VA, I have little or no contact with it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

It just looks like an effort to "crack down" on people with psychological disorders. The VA can basically ban you from owning guns if a doctor finds you unfit. Pretty much same deal with your finances. The gun aspect probably sounds good to some people because even I'll concede that the seriously mentally ill shouldn't use guns but here are the facts: 1. Sorry! It's unconstitutional! 2. If I were going to expand the scope of practice for any agency, the VA would be dead last. The people at the VA are really nice and helpful but systemically it's the most disorganized, grabasstic pile of ineptitude I've ever seen. 3. Just saying unconstitutional was probably enough... you know the whole "without due process..." bit. Somehow it doesn't surprise me whoever dreamed up this brilliant idea never heard of that.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I am retired from the military, also have a disability for combat injuries, and had a VA appointment this past Wednesday and no mention was made of guns, mental health or any letters attempting to deny me of any rights. In the many years that I have used my VA benefits I have never been questioned on my mental health, guns and have never received anything other than prescription bills from them which have tripled and for two medications I take the copayment has gone from $9 to $47 since Obama took office. Yep, I can still see Obama's face and hear his words; Obamacare will have no effect on Tricare or Medicare.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Marine vet here that would not take his worse enemy to the VA hospital.
    That place is quackville.

Don?t beleive the hype on the VA letter summarily denying vets gun rights « Bob Owens

I have no idea who Michael Connelly is, but I can tell you this: his story is misleading at best, and purposeful fear-mongering at worst.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPADALE1 View Post
    Marine vet here that would not take his worse enemy to the VA hospital.
    That place is quackville.
    If you have documented proof that the the VA facility is providing substandard health care to the veterans you should file a complaint to the Veterans Administration. By not doing so you are allowing a disservice to continue for all veterans that use the facility. I have been to many VA medical facilities across the country and have only received the best of care and never a cause for a complaint. I have had bypass surgery, back surgery, stint emplacements on two occasions and normal primary care for the past 35 years at the West Palm Beach and Miami VA hospitals with out a single problem.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The only case I have read about was an army vet who was denied a CCW because of mental disability, and later had his guns removed from his home. BUT, when the smoke cleared it was found that at the time of his medical separation, someone had advised him that "If" he was incapable of taking care of his own affairs his wife could be appointed his guardian and would receive additional funds for his care. He had signed this form and she had accepted the additional funds. it wasn't till he applied for a CCW that this came to light. You have to watch what you sign. DR

i'm a disabled veteran rated at 80 percent: 100 percent of my medical care comes from the VA. i know dozens of veterans with PTSD, TBI and numerous other ailments. Some are nuttier than a fruitcake. None of them have ever gotten such a letter from the VA. None of them have ever been asked if they own guns by VA doctors.

Yesterday and today i have spent hours attempting to de-bunk this trash on four other sites. This politically motivated trash has been making the rounds of the web for years. About every 3-6 months there is another outbreak because some self serving idiot is trying to score political points with veterans or collect money for himself.

Any idiot can jump on the web, claim to be a distinguished lawyer, judge, or expert. He can then post all sorts of trash.

The reporting of "incompetent" veterans to the FBI began when the Clinton VA gave the FBI names of tens of thousands of vets who were deemed incompetent to handle their own affairs. General Shinseki, who runs the VA, says they no longer do this.

It involves veterans who are deemed by the VA to be incompetent to handle their own affairs and where a fiduciary (trustee) has been appointed.

The guys at this website are combat veterans. They are staunch advocates for veterans and their rights:

Quote:
    If anyone knows ANY VETERAN who has been adjudicated as incompetant to handle his fiduciary stuff, but who isn’t absolytely BAT**** crazy (and/or) who hasn’t threatened to kill themselves or others, than contact us. Seriously. I looked for months and months, and never found one. I’d find someone who was almost perfect, and then we’d find out how he threatened to kill his mom or himself. If you know an actual person that shouldn’t have had this happen, JUST CONTACT US.

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here » Blog Archive » That VA letter going around

Sponsored Links