Bad: 2-time murder convict invited into home, now murders third

This is a discussion on Bad: 2-time murder convict invited into home, now murders third within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Moral of the story: Be careful who you invite into your lives. You never know about some people. Be cautious, circumspect, as your life might ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Bad: 2-time murder convict invited into home, now murders third

Moral of the story: Be careful who you invite into your lives. You never know about some people. Be cautious, circumspect, as your life might well depend upon it.

Family befriends homeless man, who ends up allegedly murdering a family member and having record of two prior murder convictions:

Seay is a homeless man Avis befriended. Avis's family was stunned not only because they tell us they bought groceries for Seay and brought him into their home, but after his arrest, they found out Seay had been convicted of murder twice before.

LMPD tells WAVE 3 Seay murdered Donald Gritton in 1981 and Jimmy Brown in 1996. He got out of prison in December 2011. Vincent questioned Seay's release.

Be careful out there. Use your head. Anything's possible.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; February 23rd, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm speechless.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

SERIOUSLY 2 murder Convictions with 15 years between each,how the hell did he get paroled after #2.Too bad you can't sue the individual Parole Board members for negligence,there wouldn't be as many high risk offenders being caught and released
    goldshellback, lchamp and ccw9mm like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I am suspicious of anyone I do not know. It is also difficult not be suspicious of people I do know.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

TWO MURDER CONVICTIONS...?!? Why is he even walking amoungst us still...!?!
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    SERIOUSLY 2 murder Convictions with 15 years between each,how the hell did he get paroled after #2.Too bad you can't sue the individual Parole Board members for negligence,there wouldn't be as many high risk offenders being caught and released
    He gets paroled because liberals believe that the primary purpose of prison is to rehabilitate the prisoner. According to them, people do bad stuff not because they are bad but because they've been conditioned to be bad. They need rehabilitating so they can be released to a wonderful, fulfilling life.

Liberals have difficulty with reality. It is the heart of a person that is bad, and you cannot rehabilitate the heart through sociological and psychological programs. Only God can change the heart.

With premeditated murder, the murderer has surrendered his right to breathe free air. To put such a one back on the streets is itself naive at best and criminal at worst.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Quote Originally Posted by puck60 View Post
    I am suspicious of anyone I do not know. It is also difficult not be suspicious of people I do know.
    21312903_BG3.jpg

Same here. It's even harder to not be suspicious of guys that look like this.
    BenGoodLuck, NCSoxFan and oneshot like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Disgusting. Not surprised they didn't fry him the first two times. Flipping morons. The deaths are on their heads.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Story give new meaning to 3 strike laws.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Just a couple of months back there was a very long thread about a guy who told a homeless guy to buzz off. The homeless guy went into a rant of "I'm going to kill you" ETC, ETC,Etc......as he walked away. The gist of the thread was people here going on about how the homeless guy was wronged. I don't see it that way. Ive seen first hand what the homeless do to each other, and what they do to others from out side their community's. I have a close friend who heads up an org that feeds the homeless. Ive talked to her several times about what she does, and shes fully aware of the dangers. She belongs to a very large org that has had some of their members attacked. I personally keep them away from me, just an increase in personal space. But working in a large jail for the last 20 years maybe I only see the worst of them. DR

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    He gets paroled because liberals believe that the primary purpose of prison is to rehabilitate the prisoner. According to them, people do bad stuff not because they are bad but because they've been conditioned to be bad. They need rehabilitating so they can be released to a wonderful, fulfilling life.

Liberals have difficulty with reality. It is the heart of a person that is bad, and you cannot rehabilitate the heart through sociological and psychological programs. Only God can change the heart.

With premeditated murder, the murderer has surrendered his right to breathe free air. To put such a one back on the streets is itself naive at best and criminal at worst.

^And part of that reality^^^^^^^^^^

is that some of these people, once they get used to the "three hots and a cot"mentality, once out, cannot get accustomed to making it on their own, or get by with going from homeless shelter to soup kitchen and back again, and sadly this is how they respond, to knowingly get sent back to where they really feel comfortable.
    Broadus likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Terrible. But I wonder what compels a person to invite a homeless man into his home. I believe in kindness and generosity, but both should be dispense with common sense....
    oneshot, Brad426, Bark'n and 1 others like this.

"Catch and release" should only be used for under size game fish....not human debris.
    Bark'n, DVido, JoJoGunn and 5 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I've never understood the need for a paroling system, which negates the will of the People in sentencing. Particularly in violent felonies. And most specifically in premeditated murder convictions.

Does anyone know what it is, exactly, that precludes such lawsuits against apparently negligent parole board members, such as in cases like this where multiple failures resulted in the cretin turning around to do it again? Seems criminal that it's disallowed (if true).
    DVido likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Re: Bad: 2-time murder convict invited into home, now murders third

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Terrible. But I wonder what compels a person to invite a homeless man into his home. I believe in kindness and generosity, but both should be dispense with common sense....
    I can't answer that. But I know there are 70,000+ homeless vets in this country... Here's one... Might you invite him to your home?

uploadfromtaptalk1361658846036.jpg
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links