Student facing suspension for USMC t shirt

This is a discussion on Student facing suspension for USMC t shirt within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Father wants school dress code changed after son asked to remove Marines T-shirt | Fox News You guys should love this...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Student facing suspension for USMC t shirt

at least it was only one teacher, who is not being supported by the administration.

maybe "common sense" will prevail after all.
    goldshellback and pittypat21 like this.

Total BS!
    I would expect no less from that state though.
    Just sad.

I was expecting the shirt to have something at least slightly offensive.

But nope, just a couple of crossed rifles and MARINES.

What the hell do people think the Marines do, host tea parties? They are instruments of death and destruction and I hate when things like this shirt get scapegoated and people use doublethink to mask their own insecurities.

Same with the French Foreign Legionaire in Mali or wherever the French are intervening, who had the skull mask on and it was seen as offensive. Do people think that the Legion has been dispatched to Africa and not intending harm on their adversaries? If his commanding officer reprimands him for being out of regulation gear ok. But to placate some wussie, I think not.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Crazy, kid should have said no if he's worn it before multiple times before without a problem.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    And to think, the Marines have defended their right to be stupid for over 200 years.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Since the "administrators" were not consulted, who threatened the suspension?? Sounds like a teacher overstepped her authority and owes this young man a public apology.
    darbo and atctimmy like this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

That teacher needs to be reminded that the military is responsible for his or her right to teach and being able to speak english.
    atctimmy likes this.

Well, I probably have a different take on this issue. Obviously, the Marines T-shirt is not a problem in and of it self, but it then opens the door for other symbols that might not be well-accepted. If you allow one, then you better be prepared to allow them all.,,and people/students WILL remember who was allowed to do what. Believe me, some students will wear items JUST to get attention or cause a stir. Simplicity with the dress code is the easiest to enforce.

Many of the schools in this rural area of FL have not allowed any symbols on shirts at all, no alcohol symbols, no weapons symbols, no gang symbols, nor other symbols that could cause a disruption to the learning environment...no KKK symbols, no sexual in nature symbols, no foul language or 'work-arounds' (just like on this forum) i.e., "Bucked Up", a T-shirt with this wording and a picture of a nice buck, was not allowed.
    People would be very surprised how quickly disruptions over clothing can occur among both students and parents. Not allowing such apparel seemed to have kept disruptions to a minimum.

That's my 'experienced back' $.02

It is a nice feeling to be retired from all of this garbage' (french pronunciation).
    Doghandler and gasmitty like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

But if burqa's are worn into that school I'm sure it is a non-issue.

Re: Student facing suspension for USMC t shirt

Apparently, this was not a teacher... It was an "indoctrinator"

You will find them in school districts all around the country.

Perhaps the teacher will be "re-educated" and moved to a more supportive environment.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Probably not the marine wording but the picture of the assault rifles that got the teacher all fired up....heck we have marine ROTC classes in our schools....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    When it comes to dress code for schools I'm more worried about what it doesn't cover up than what's on it.

I know I'm being the little old hen who can't mind her own business. But it's so short it can't cover much of anything or his belt line is below his A** rather than above it.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

It wasn't too long ago that they tried to suspend a young boy because he had a picture of his uncle in uniform holding his weapon.

Too much B*** S*** anymore.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

The teacher should have to wear a USMC tee shirt for a week as part of the apology. Semper Fi.
    NONAME762 and FreeFalling like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links