Guy tries to rob bank, gets shot in the face for his troubles!

This is a discussion on Guy tries to rob bank, gets shot in the face for his troubles! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Civilian shoots would-be robber during attempted bank hold-up | fox4kc.com ? Kansas City news & weather from WDAF TV ? FOX 4 Not much detail ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Guy tries to rob bank, gets shot in the face for his troubles!

VIP Member

Civilian shoots would-be robber during attempted bank hold-up | fox4kc.com ? Kansas City news & weather from WDAF TV ? FOX 4

Not much detail but I'm guessing that since it's not mentioned the guy who did the shooting was armed legally and hasn't been charged with anything.

Shot in the face and then drives away. I thought all bullets would blow the target back about ten feet and put four inch holes completely through the recipient? Guess the movies must exaggerate some.
    Cook74, Jeanlouise and pittypat21 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

That doesn't make any sense... a person used a gun to stop a violent crime? Guns only cause crime, so your story doesn't add up.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Man, you gotta hope and pray he doesn't go to jail himself...that's kinda risky if his own life isn't in anger, you know?

iPad/TapaTalk
    -------------------
    If you didn't vote (against Obama)...this is your fault.

I think the shooter needs more range time.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

If only their was a well armed citizen on every corner....
    ep1953 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I think the shooter needs more range time.
    He hit him in the face. Frankly there isn't enough information to know whether it was a poor shot or the greatest shot ever, so I will reserve judgement for now on his shooting ability.
    R040607 and Tzadik like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by RadarContact View Post
    Man, you gotta hope and pray he doesn't go to jail himself...that's kinda risky if his own life isn't in anger, you know?

iPad/TapaTalk
    -------------------
    The guy pulled a gun and was robbing the bank the citizen was (presumably) in... I'd say one could make a pretty good case one's life was in danger. And even if not, it would be in lawful defense of others.
    Ksgunner and pittypat21 like this.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member

iPad/TapaTalk
    -------------------
    The standard in MO isn't 'his own life'; it's defense of life, so fearing for the life of a third party is justification. Although I personally believe that it's reasonable to fear for one's own life if someone is displaying a firearm during a criminal action since at any time that firearm could be turned against you.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    He hit him in the face. Frankly there isn't enough information to know whether it was a poor shot or the greatest shot ever, so I will reserve judgement for now on his shooting ability.
    Exactly, too much that we just don't know. He may have shot him in the forehead with a .22 and just had an unlucky deflection or he may have shot him broadside with a .45 and blown a hole through his cheeks.

Regardless of what happened, if the bad guy was the only one to suffer injury and the criminal action was forced to unsuccessfully conclude ahead of schedule then I'd call the encounter a success; given the entire point of carrying for self defense.
    Cazadores, Spirit51 and Tzadik like this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member

iPad/TapaTalk
    -------------------
    Great first post. Welcome from Ohio.
    RadarContact likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Surprise we know about it. It fails MSM content.

Re: Guy tries to rob bank, gets shot in the face for his troubles!

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I thought all bullets would blow the target back about ten feet and put four inch holes completely through the recipient? Guess the movies must exaggerate some.
    He would have needed to load up with "assault bullets", he may not be aware of those and would have to consult a California legislator in order to determine what they are, and where to find them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Great first post. Welcome from Ohio.

Thanks. I hope to learn a lot from this forum. I've been reading a lot, not posting. ^ good example of why...I don't know enough about the laws yet. Waiting for my CC license to arrive in the mail, and want to go to the free Sheriffs course they offer in my area (FL panhandle near Ft. Walton Beach/Destin). Need to fully understand all the laws here and anywhere I travel before the gun leaves the house. ;)

iPad/TapaTalk
    -------------------

VIP Member
    Thanks. I hope to learn a lot from this forum. I've been reading a lot, not posting. ^ good example of why...I don't know enough about the laws yet. Waiting for my CC license to arrive in the mail, and want to go to the free Sheriffs course they offer in my area (FL panhandle near Ft. Walton Beach/Destin). Need to fully understand all the laws here and anywhere I travel before the gun leaves the house. ;)

iPad/TapaTalk
    -------------------
    Yeah, that's exactly right. You absolutely need to understand the laws that apply to you, or will apply to you, when you travel from one state (or city) to another. No reason why you should be aware of the MO statutes that cover legal use of firearms, but you should absolutely understand the laws that you will be subject to in FL. I'm sure the sheriff's course will cover that information.
    RadarContact likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I agree. If the shooter was able to walk away after being shot in the face, then this rules out all calibers from .38 special and up, as he would've been dead on the scene if he would've gotten hit by one of those. I bet the civilian had something like a .32 ACP or something like that. All in all, a gun in the hands of a civilian saved the day once again!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links