Those of you in Florida...want ammo? Get anger management first.

This is a discussion on Those of you in Florida...want ammo? Get anger management first. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers | Fox News Gibson insisted the bill is not “accusatory” toward gun and ammunition owners, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Those of you in Florida...want ammo? Get anger management first.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers | Fox News

Gibson insisted the bill is not “accusatory” toward gun and ammunition owners, but rather an effort to improve the safety of her community.

I doubt very seriously this has even a slim chance to pass in the Florida House and I certainly don't believe the Governor would sign this even if it passed. Might as well apply this logic to driving any vehicle, buying home kitchen knives. I'm going to fire a letter off to this imbecile and tell her what I think of her and the bill.
    DVido likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I think I need an anger management course in order to even respond to this without the Mods getting mad at me. Then they would need an anger management class too.

According to the article, you can take the class online. I almost spit my coffee out. If it wasn't so sad, it would be the funnies thing I had read in a long time.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I love the line "It's not about guns, it's about ammo!" Ahhhh, that is like saying, it's not about cars, its about tires.

I doubt that it has any chance of going anywhere, but it is further proof that there are people in elected positions who do not want you to have the right to own or carry a gun. It is time to elect new people.
    phreddy likes this.

Yeah that stands a snowballs chance in Florida of making it out of committee.
    Total non-starter.

This woman needs a "checkup, from the neck up"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'd like to see an IQ test for anyone seeking a public office. Actually I'd like to see a battery of tests performed yearly along with polygraphs and audits of their personal financial holdings as well as immediate family members.
    lionround and TVJ like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    She obviously needs both drug testing and a refresher in civil liberties.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Not to hijack the thread Here is what I have written so far and haven't sent. I'm not a great writer. PM me if you feel other things should be added I may have missed.

Dear State Senator Gibson,

I just read your proposal and find it rather disturbing. At first, I thought it was a joke. However, the more I read I indeed came to the conclusion you did propose this bill. You also state and I will quote "This is not about guns, This is about ammunition and not only for the safety of the general community, but also for the safety of law enforcement." Ive read some stupid things in my lifetime, but this takes the cake. You don't see conceal carry people doing this nonsense that is happening. Have you ever thought about addressing the real problem of mental health? Do you think everyone needs anger management programs? Obviously you do otherwise you would not propose this idiotic nonsense.

You also state you are concerned with people stockpiling ammunition. Gee, I wonder why people are doing it??? I will give you a clue. The Government of the United States of America has bought all the ammunition and are causing shortages in the manufacturing. You also said this from the article. you are concerned with citizens stockpiling ammunition, potentially creating dangerous situations should those individuals ever come in contact with law enforcement agencies or criminals. Again law abiding citizens don't go looking for law enforcement, however are you saying people do not have the right to protect themselves from criminals? In conclusion, I find your bill idiotic to say the least and has NO chance of even getting out of committee let alone passing. The Governor would veto it if it passed . One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see your motives. Why not try and garner attention from the mental health aspect, not by requiring anger management classes to buy ammo. Frankly, this is the most stupidest proposal I have read to date and the people of Florida will have none of this nonsense
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

So, purchasing a completely-legal product equates to being an angry sort? Like purchasing a Ford Motors product means a person's absolutely a drunk driver waiting to happen.

Criminalizing upstanding citizens: the new blood sport, in politics.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    This idiot gives new meaning to the word, stupid. And to think that these brain dead zombies got elected to office somehow.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    They throw as much at the wall as they can, they hope something sticks. One day it will unless we never give up!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Critics of the bill, however, derided the legislation as “absolutely ridiculous” and suggested that Gibson take a course on the U.S. Constitution.

This should be a mandatory requirement for anyone seeking office.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    “People are just more impatient, I don’t know what it is.”

She even admits she doesn't know what is causing the problem, yet she has the solution.

And this:

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."
    Will Rodgers

“It’s about getting people to think, really, about how much ammunition they need,” Gibson said.

If I've learned ANYTHING the last 3 months it's I need A LOT more ammunition than I've ever kept on hand!! Until recent events I swung by Walmart EVERY Monday morning on the way to the range to pick up 2-4 boxes of ammo and go shoot to my hearts content. Now I've been to the range once in 2013 - because I can't find any any! Yeah, I learned to think, really, about how much ammunition I need!

I really can't see this passing, but what the heck, I'll fire off a letter, just in case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links