Random serious gang assault, Chesapeake VA. Anytime, anywhere.

This is a discussion on Random serious gang assault, Chesapeake VA. Anytime, anywhere. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Attack to impress gang lands local man in prison | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com Most folks figure they can control to a degree their risk. Not ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Bmoliv66
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 4 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By miller_man

Thread: Random serious gang assault, Chesapeake VA. Anytime, anywhere.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Random serious gang assault, Chesapeake VA. Anytime, anywhere.

Attack to impress gang lands local man in prison | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Most folks figure they can control to a degree their risk. Not so here.

According to court documents, James Miller approached Michael Beatty on May 18, 2012, while he worked on his girlfriend's car in the 1400 block of Deep Creek Blvd. He asked if the woman standing nearby was his "girl" and whether he was ready to fight for her.

Beatty tried to ignore the comments and continued to work on the car.

"I told him I don't have time for this," Beatty said outside the courtroom. "I just thought he was drunk."

While a crowd of other young people watched from across the street, James Miller grabbed Beatty by the ankles, dragged him into the grass and started to punch and kick him. Jeremy Miller eventually joined the assault.

After a couple of minutes, James Miller told his younger brother they had to go, that the police were on their way.

"Not yet," Jeremy Miller responded, according to court documents. "I'm not done. He is still moving and breathing."

When they heard sirens, the brothers left Beatty on the ground with a mild concussion and bruises on his face, chest and back.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

This is why I will always carry in or around the house as well as everywhere else I can
    BugDude likes this.

Another snip from the article

~"You don't think anything like this is going to happen to you," Beatty said. "Now, I'm just trying to forget it." ~

I swear, when are people going to stop with this assumption.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I think I know how most would "say" what they would do but...

Not being in his place and not knowing who or what was around being surprised by dirt bags, and if I was carrying... Would pulling a gun out be in the best interest in the long run for the victim? Taking into account where those bullets may have ended up, the law suites that surely would follow, and the criminal(s) were such a good boy(s) turning their lives around?

IMO, the victim had every right to pull a gun if he had been CCW and use it and pop the some beach(s) (hope I don't get another warning for my language) multiple times, however.

From my point of view, it would be better to take some lumps and bruises rather than risk years of statements, accusations, court proceedings, suites, legal fees and possibly discharging a round where it shouldn't go.

At a point where it appears to me they mean me serious bodily harm / death, POP(S) goes the weasel.

On second thought, at my age and condition, I can't handle very many lumps and bruises. BANG, BANG, BANG!
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

On a side note... In reflection traveling the world back in the day, this area was one of the worst places I had ever had the displeasure of visiting. Stationed at Ft. Eustis, VA. for a year in 1970 the police, laws, citizens and business's there made prey of soldiers, sailors, airman and Marines and life outside of base miserable.

No sympathy from me, I'm still bitter.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

mkh
    Repeat after me...always, always carry. Now repeat it again.

That is why I carry even at home.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Another snip from the article

~"You don't think anything like this is going to happen to you," Beatty said. "Now, I'm just trying to forget it." ~

I swear, when are people going to stop with this assumption.
    When it happens to them.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

This dirtbag would have better served his buddies like this>

I'd show him my gang sign..."Klick Pow"...looks like this

Never pick a fight with an old man...
    miller_man likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I always carry, at home, in the garage, mowing the grass, sitting in my chair. You never know when crap is going to find you.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I've heard that the Chesapeake/ Virgina Beach/ Hampton Roads area has become almost unliveable because of crime like this. What a shame because it's so beautiful there.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    It's really hard from reading the snips to decide where my SA radar would've started going off, but pretty sure if somebody walks up and asks "is that your girl? you ready to fight for her?", the last thing I'm gonna do is take my eye's off him.

Pretty sad story though, bunch of worthless thugs.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    From my point of view, it would be better to take some lumps and bruises rather than risk years of statements, accusations, court proceedings, suites, legal fees and possibly discharging a round where it shouldn't go.

At a point where it appears to me they mean me serious bodily harm / death, POP(S) goes the weasel.

On second thought, at my age and condition, I can't handle very many lumps and bruises. BANG, BANG, BANG!
    - It's safe to assume that someone means you serious bodily harm when they punch and kick you. If they didn't hear police sirens, I doubt they would have stopped. Not to mention that his words indicated he meant serious bodily harm.

"Not yet," Jeremy Miller responded, according to court documents. "I'm not done. He is still moving and breathing."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Anger...at these morons...saddness...that our country is in the toilet and not getting any better.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I always carry, at home, in the garage, mowing the grass, sitting in my chair. You never know when crap is going to find you.
    Same here, and I live in the Country. We did have an escaped Felon on the loose not 25 miles from my house last week.
    He was one of your Florida Bad Guys that attacked the US Marshall by trying to cut his juglar with a ear piece from a broken pair of sunglasses.

Our Local PD found him 4 days later and used all the bullets they had to bring him to Jesu..... er I mean Justice!

You just never know. We have a rash of Meth Labs popping up out here in the Country and all it takes is one raid and they'll scatter like cockroaches! Gotta be ready for anything, anytime! And yes, I've been robbed twice in my lifetime. Both times I was unarmed. Never again!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by From the victim
    "You don't think anything like this is going to happen to you," Beatty said. "Now, I'm just trying to forget it."
    And that "victim" mentality is what allows this stuff to keep happening to otherwise good people. He'd be better off, by far, taking steps to actually guard against such things in future, as such things aren't rarities. If every single one of us did that, we'd see many such violent felons halted in their tracks, erased from our midst. Putting our heads in the sand does nothing but prompt them to further acts of predation.

Kudos to the family and police for working to get these cretins imprisoned. Unfortunately, they're about to head to crime school and get a first-class education on predation techniques. Someone else is going to have to stop them in their tracks, next time around.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links