Good, young man saves mother and sister

This is a discussion on Good, young man saves mother and sister within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From planned murder... The son broke free of his bindings, got a gun... Invaders and rapists flee. Story: http://www.khou.com/news/neighborhoo...196306051.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Good, young man saves mother and sister

From planned murder...

The son broke free of his bindings, got a gun... Invaders and rapists flee.

Story: http://www.khou.com/news/neighborhoo...196306051.html
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Two more "tied to a stump in the swamp" candidates...IMHO

"I'm a simple man..."
    mano3 and JoJoGunn like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Too bad they weren't found at the scene DRT
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Make good compost at conerposts on fencing

Update on this story

Here

WOW!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The dirtbags entered through an UNLOCKED side door at 4:30 AM!!! Mom and the two kids are lucky to be alive! I hope they have now learned to lock the door.

Dirtbags busting through a locked door at least make a some noise and give the home owner a little time to bring a gun to bear.
    84160 likes this.

Perhaps Education is Better Than Lack of Trust

I see links like this one below where a kid got a gun and it went bad The forum members are very hard on those gun owners but perhaps, if its legal, proper training of children is a better answer than keeping a gun under lock and key so that it is inaccessible when itís needed.

I understand the age difference is different in this instance but there are many such examples.

Gun Owners Legal Battle
    ep1953, BekahM and Snub44 like this.

Wow is right. Had dirtbag #2 not been worried about a murder wrap (or dirtbag #1 decided to pull the trigger) none of them would be alive.

I may have missed it, was the boy's age reported?

I have young children, so my defensive gun is in one of those "quick access" safes (enter a code and it springs open). The rest are locked in a more "traditional" gun safe. I know there are those who decry them, but I believe it makes sense to keep it out of the younglings hands until they are old enough to comprehend and have shown responsibility. And if I'm not around and someone steals it, at least they will have to put in some effort to get the gun out.

However, I also say you cannot regulate personal responsibility with laws. Not every solution works for every situation.

I also think Eddie Eagle should be required for all schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeanlouise and MrsHB like this.

Well glad they are in custody. They are toooo stupid to live in society.

Quote Originally Posted by XD9rottie View Post
    I may have missed it, was the boy's age reported?
    In the second article it mentions that the woman's teenage son saved them.

<The Book of Dennis1209, Chaper 2, verse 6>

Vs. 6: Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you, and make it "painful".

On a serious note, man that could have turned out much worse, not that it wasn't heinous to begin with. That woman's son is a hero and most likely saved life.

The laws needs to be changed to expedite these sort of trials, save the taxpayer some money and administer a justice more fair for the victims of these heinous low life's. What does it matter if little Johnny or Sally didn't have steak and lobster weekly and their friends wore Air Jordon's? Or they fabricate stories about their less than average upbringing or whatever!

There's no excuse under the sun for a conscience "choice and premeditated decision" of becoming an animal or criminal. People who commit such heinous acts are not human, they are animals without empathy or compassion and deserve to be put down as such quickly.

Try as I may, I just can't seem to get in touch with my liberal side?

Rant / Off
    mano3, RickyD, Jeanlouise and 1 others like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

It could have been worse but

Dennis, don't take this as a troll reply, I agree with you for the most part but I wanted to point out two things. First, yes, it could have been worse but it still seems pretty bad to me. The article implies both the mother and the daughter were raped. That's likely going to leave them emotionally scarred for life. It is too bad they couldn't have gotten the gun sooner.
    Second Human is human I would have preferred they both been shot to death by one of the family than to face trial but if the rapist/murderer/pedophile is a U.S. citizen and makes it to trial he deserves the rights guaranteed to hem and to be treated like a human. If he is convicted then by all means execute him quickly and humanely. There is an issue with considering any human as an “animal”. Seeing their victims as objects is how the criminals are able to rape and kill others.

This story also should serve as a reminder to remain vigilant. Before turning in for the night I "safety check" my house. I double check all door locks and make sure all the cameras are working and motion lights are on etc.

Owning a firearm is not a magical blanket of protection. Situational Awareness, planning, diligence are your most powerful weapons.

ep1953 and Snub44 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XD9rottie View Post
    This story also should serve as a reminder to remain vigilant. Before turning in for the night I "safety check" my house. I double check all door locks and make sure all the cameras are working and motion lights are on etc.

Owning a firearm is not a magical blanket of protection. Situational Awareness, planning, diligence are your most powerful weapons.

You have hit the nail on the head! Having cameras, motion lights, alarms and defensive guns are ALL very good! But how many of these types of attacks have we read about where the scumbags entered the home through an UNLOCKED door. Too many!

Talk about a hard lesson learned on not locking doors...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links