Give me all you got.

Give me all you got.

This is a discussion on Give me all you got. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 81 yr. old man stalked makes a stand. Tired of these thugs copping pleas and reduced charges. Put them in jail and keep them there. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Give me all you got.

Give me all you got.

81 yr. old man stalked makes a stand. Tired of these thugs copping pleas and reduced charges. Put them in jail and keep them there.

Robber Confronts 81-Year-Old Man and Demands ?Everything You Got? ? Turns Out, What He Had Was a .38-Caliber Revolver | TheBlaze.com

I am glad it worked out....but pulling over into a field by yourself and getting out of the vehicle was dumb. Should have gone to a populated ares (assuming he had the gas for it LOL)
    DJC7, msgt/ret, RichB70 and 1 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Agreed ^

Seriously. Drive to a police station. Glad it worked out, though!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Re: Give me all you got.

I agree I wouldn't stop in a field but what's great about florida is that there stand your ground. You don't have to retreat. And while in my opinion retreating is always the best option sometimes its not possible.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Good out come, but poor judgement on where to confront the guy. I wish the press would get the correct picture for a story. The six shooter shown is lacking a chamber.

VIP Member
    Sounds like he should have kept wearing the body armor when he committed his crimes. It would have been worth the extra charge that the state would eventually just drop anyway.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

The ends justify the questionable means... I guess... I'm glad the perp is suffering... maybe he won't get off this time.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Don't mess with old people. A lot of them didn't get to be that age by being stupid.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I suspect the old guy figured that at 81 years old, he didn't have a lot to lose and enough was enough. Don't mess with old guys who have guns.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

IMHO, when "enough is enough" it's a good idea just not to mess with graybeards. Armed or not. I'm reminded of the BBQ joint scene with Robert Duvall in "Secondhand Lions" when Michael Caine tells the punk to pick up his knife because "you're gonna' need that".
    Ghost1958, OldVet, mprp and 2 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If the Kia fellow wasn't armed why did he think the graybeard would give him anything? But the open field means there will be no innocent bystanders to worry about.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    IMHO, when "enough is enough" it's a good idea just not to mess with graybeards. Armed or not. I'm reminded of the BBQ joint scene with Robert Duvall in "Secondhand Lions" when Michael Caine tells the punk to pick up his knife because "you're gonna' need that".
    Great movie.

I bet the old guy probably had a shovel in the trunk to go with his .38.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

mkh
    Looks like the BG has a lot to learn when it comes to victim selection.

I'm glad that things worked out ,for the old guy but stopping in a field like that was not the smartest thing to do. Plus it sounds like from the 911 caller that the 81 year old lead the man to his house after all since she referred to him as "the neighbor across the street".

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    81 yr. old man stalked makes a stand. Tired of these thugs copping pleas and reduced charges. Put them in jail and keep them there.

Robber Confronts 81-Year-Old Man and Demands ?Everything You Got? ? Turns Out, What He Had Was a .38-Caliber Revolver | TheBlaze.com
    Amen! Why do you think the punks aren't afraid to commit crimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links