Local Story on Concealed Weapon Permits

This is a discussion on Local Story on Concealed Weapon Permits within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife turned hers in yesterday! The appointments are a month out, but they said the turn around from the time or your appointment to ...

Thread: Local Story on Concealed Weapon Permits

My wife turned hers in yesterday! The appointments are a month out, but they said the turn around from the time or your appointment to permit in hand is only a week. We shall see if that is true.

The number of concealed weapons permits is on the rise in Lewis & Clark County; officials tell us that they have received five times the usual number of requests for permits since the school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut....

Video of news cast is here

The interesting fact is that there are about 3000 permit holders in the county of about 65,000. Then if you take into consideration that you only need a permit to carry concealed within town/city limits, (outside of the town/city it is constitutional carry), that is a pretty high number. If I did my math correctly, that is almost 5% of the population of the county.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

My appointment took two months and received it in the mail exactly 3 months later.... Demand has been huge and they are trying to keep up....
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

I had the wife get hers when I got mine. If I had to leave it in the car, she would have legal custody.

I turned in my paperwork on Dec 27, 2012. I was told about 60 days. I got a letter Feb 27 indicating that my fingerprints were unreadable. I went back Feb 28 and refingerprinted. I called Wed this week and was told the second set was unreadable also, but they would issue anyway. I should have it within a week to 10 days.

We'll see.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Lionround, did they have children doing your fingerprints? Ink or digital? Good thing you're not a BG since they are still giving you your permit.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

"What the hell was that?!" -Mayors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, August 1945

Sponsored Links