bad and ugly. Too close for comfort

This is a discussion on bad and ugly. Too close for comfort within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; UPDATE: Panama City Shooting Leaves Woman in Serious Condition - WMBB News 13 - The Panhandle's News Leader Across the street from my "absolutely no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: bad and ugly. Too close for comfort

bad and ugly. Too close for comfort

UPDATE: Panama City Shooting Leaves Woman in Serious Condition - WMBB News 13 - The Panhandle's News Leader

Across the street from my "absolutely no firearms" workplace.

Shooting Leaves One Dead and Another Injured - WMBB News 13 - The Panhandle's News Leader

2 miles from my house.

And my wife still calls me "silly" for carrying daily.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    And my wife still calls me "silly" for carrying daily.
    Look on the bright side: Apparently you're less silly than folks thought. That's gotta count for something.

Sort of brings things close to home, doesn't it, when stuff happens right around the corner? Had a murder a block up the road, not too long ago, an hour after I'd come by that very spot. You never know when or where.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

First story is what gets me. Broad daylight, lunch hour. That road, especially that part of the road, is PACKED with people. There is a Publix (grocery chain), an Applebee's, a Wendy's and a bunch of other restaurants within spitting distance. There is also an always busy Wal-Mart right across the street. This would seem like the time and place that a shooting WOULDN'T occur. That is what gets to me the most.

Anytime. Anywhere. It is what it is, and it most definitely isn't what we'd prefer it to be.

Words to live (or die) by. Definitely worth coming to an understanding about reality, with your S.O.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Crazy stuff going on there!

Your wife may reevaluate you being "silly" after a few more incidences like these...and I'm sure there will be more.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    First story is what gets me. Broad daylight, lunch hour. That road, especially that part of the road, is PACKED with people. There is a Publix (grocery chain), an Applebee's, a Wendy's and a bunch of other restaurants within spitting distance. There is also an always busy Wal-Mart right across the street. This would seem like the time and place that a shooting WOULDN'T occur. That is what gets to me the most.
    When a "love" relationship ends, and someone isn't happy with that, look out. And you think time of day is important on that?
    ep1953 likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Spring break time always scares me in PC, Daytona, Lauderdale, FWB, Fort Myers .... et. al.

Too many crazies, too much going on, and too many opportunities for someone to slip off into the deep end.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Drop the wife off in the worst part of town, at night, and tell her, "Let me know how long it takes to walk home. Oh, would you care to borrow my silly gun now?"
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wal-Mart right across the street.
    That is the Link! More crimes occur in Walmart parking lots than any other business parking lots. It's bound to spread to neighboring areas.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    That is the Link! More crimes occur in Walmart parking lots than any other business parking lots. It's bound to spread to neighboring areas.
    That's because Walmart parking lots cover 51% of the US...
    bigmacque, DJC7 and msgt/ret like this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    ""Citizens who happened to witness the event actually happened to chase down the male portion of that altercation, were able to subdue him," said Chief Scott Ervin. "

I love cop speak. I work with them every day. Federal agents are the worst. "He exited the subject vehicle" NO. "He got out of the car" What's the matter with that?

Prayers for the young lady.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    That's because Walmart parking lots cover 51% of the US...

Now that made me laugh.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Drop the wife off in the worst part of town, at night, and tell her, "Let me know how long it takes to walk home. Oh, would you care to borrow my silly gun now?"
    I love my wife. I wouldnt do that to her. Plus we live some 15 miles from the worst part of town. She has lived a sheltered life and is blissfully ignorant of the evils of reality. I don't want the sheltered part to change, just the ignorance.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

What a crazy psycho POS??!! He loved the woman so much that when she left him he tried to kill her? Too bad we don't have the death penalty for such as this.

It's a fairly clear cut case. Latest update is she is still alive, but not in good shape.

Emotions run high in romances. Apparently, this man couldn't handle the heartbreak.

Here is a question... Had you, fellow CWP/CHL/CCW holders, been within range, would you have drawn? If you had, would you have fired?

The facts being:The man was armed, he had fired shots (not in your direction), it was crowded.

I really don't know what I would have done. I probably would have left the scene to find cover. Call the police, and stay near to give a statement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links