Good: Two Home Invaders Taken Down

This is a discussion on Good: Two Home Invaders Taken Down within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Large rural home, wife home alone, two assailants dressed in camo and openly armed. Wife calls husband who happened to be almost home anyway, he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Good: Two Home Invaders Taken Down

Good: Two Home Invaders Taken Down

Large rural home, wife home alone, two assailants dressed in camo and openly armed. Wife calls husband who happened to be almost home anyway, he shot and killed both assailants. No more details right now since it's a breaking story. I don't have an article to post since it's too recent and they haven't written one yet.
    Badey likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Do you know where?

Quote Originally Posted by R040607 View Post
    Do you know where?
    Ellis county.

Update: two teenagers wanted up in Oklahoma, shootout on open ranch land, numerous rounds were fired by both sides, the homeowner (male) was slightly wounded, he hit both assailants but both died of self inflicted wounds.

I'm going to guess meth was involved.

...devil's in the details...authorities say they killed themselves:

UPDATE: Armed runaway teen?s truck involved in deadly Texas shootout | KFOR.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...devil's in the details...authorities say they killed themselves:

UPDATE: Armed runaway teen?s truck involved in deadly Texas shootout | KFOR.com
    They're dead, the good people didn't get victimized, the bad ones died. That is a good day in my book.
    RickyD likes this.

So the kid that stole all of the guns and ammo is still not accounted for? Hmm?
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by commonground View Post
    So the kid that stole all of the guns and ammo is still not accounted for? Hmm?
    That was from the original article when the kids first stole the guns and ran away. Both suspects were found dead.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Um,,,, do folks just not lock up their guns anymore?
    84160 likes this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Wow, that's something!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

By the way the story reads the male homeowner ran inside the house to get his gun when he got home. So the woman has a gun available to her but obviously wasn't comfortable with guns and/or hasn't used it before. When someone tries to break in, she has to call her husband! She's incredibly lucky that he was so close and he wasn't killed between his vehicle and the home!! I'm glad it worked out for them and I hope she realizes now the importance of being able to use the guns that were available to her. Those of you who ask for advice on getting your wife to shoot, IMO this story illustrates the why perfectly. Break ins and bad things don't just happen when hubby is home or when you're out together.

At the end of the day, good outcome and I'm glad it worked out like it did. I'm just shaking my head, it could have had such a different outcome.

...um...didja get the part in the link that said he smashed into his parents' locked bedroom and broke into his Dad's safe??? it's in the top video...this thing's like a jigsaw puzzle...
    Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    Um,,,, do folks just not lock up their guns anymore?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...um...didja get the part in the link that said he smashed into his parents' locked bedroom and broke into his Dad's safe??? it's in the top video...this thing's like a jigsaw puzzle...
    Dad will live with regret for the rest of his life that he chose a cabinet and not a real safe. Assuming the facts are accurate, these kids got what they deserved but it is still tragic.

...or the kid had the combo/keys...by 12 mine knew how to reach all my weapons, how to shoot them well, and more importantly, when and when not to do so...the drug monkey got on that boy's neck and it rides hard...
    RickyD and ep1953 like this.

More details coming out today, they still don't know what the motive was but these two had been missing since Monday. Oklahoma City to Ellis County is about a 5 hour drive so that's not that far. They had taken 15 guns from the parents' house of one. The shootout lasted approximately 5 minutes and took place out in the open, a neighboring rancher heard the shooting and joined in. Gotta love rural Texas, they don't run away from gunfire they grab their own and join in! No charges are expected against anyone involved, this is covered under both Castle and Stand Your Ground doctrines.

As a side note, in the DFW area we average a justified home defense shooting roughly once a week. 95% of the time within hours after it being on the news there is a police spokesperson saying that no charges are expected. They still have to send the case to a grand jury, but almost never are people charged with any crime. The general thinking is essentially that if you get shot during a home invasion by the resident then you deserved it.

The wife wasn't comfortable with guns? Doesn't she know that all she had to do was run outside with the double-barrel shotgun and fire two shots in the air? :D
    Jeanlouise and ep1953 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links