Drunken teen mistakingly goes in wrong home shot and killed

This is a discussion on Drunken teen mistakingly goes in wrong home shot and killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Homeowner fired warning before fatally shooting teen intruder, sheriff says | Fox News Sad thing here. Obviously can't blame home owner, but I can remember ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Drunken teen mistakingly goes in wrong home shot and killed

Drunken teen mistakingly goes in wrong home shot and killed

Homeowner fired warning before fatally shooting teen intruder, sheriff says | Fox News

Sad thing here. Obviously can't blame home owner, but I can remember being 16 and having a few too many. This could of happened to any of us. I know there is not much info in article but was curious what the community thought of this.
    Peace the old fashion way......

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Just one of the risks of drinking too much; you are impaired. Still, what are the odds--bummer!
    ccw9mm and Poseidon like this.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    It's sad and unfortunate. Teenagers will be teenagers so it's hard to fault the parents of the boy. I definitely don't fault the homeowner for protecting his household and family members.

I've read a lot about this and still don't get why everyone keeps saying he mistakingly broke in. Why is this assumed, no one knows this. As far as I'm concerned' , he broke in and ignored the home owners order to leave, period, end of story.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I've read a lot about this and still don't get why everyone keeps saying he mistakingly broke in. Why is this assumed, no one knows this. As far as I'm concerned' , he broke in and ignored the home owners order to leave, period, end of story.
    It was the first thing I thought as well. Nobody can tell exactly why he broke in.

This is unfortunate. I personally have a buddy that in an impared state after drinking at about 3am mistakenly walked into his parents room with no lights on and was met by a S&W .357 mag and a tactical light luckily exposing his face before his father blew him away. I can't imagine what that would have done to the family dynamic just as I can't imagine how this man feels after pulling the trigger on this teenager. Sad story.

VIP Member
    To me this is a tragedy similar to that of drunk driving. What the driver's intentions were, really doesn't matter.

This is a sad lose-lose for everyone involved. I hope the homeowner is able to overcome it.
    tony1990, Bubbiesdad and Hieny like this.

How drunk do you get before you realize your being told to leave the wrong house/ignore a warning shot and keep heading past the threat.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Why is this posted in "General Firearms Discussion"? This looks pretty "In the News, Bad & Ugly" to me. Sixto, where ARE you? (we should have a big beacon we can signal up into the sky)
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    It sounds like he crawled through an unlocked window. He did not "break in". The only place those words are used is in your post. As far as ssumptions...we can only guess what was going through his mind. I have seen drunks so far out of it I can easily beleive this story.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The State a federal government should work on underage drinking and drunk drives and not taking guns. Far more senseless deaths are caused by drinking.

I can't remember the specifics,but,it seems i read sometime ago,the same thing happened to a girl,who had done the same thing,and she had been drinking.I think,the homeowner shot her as well.I very seldom drink anymore.In the past,i have been blitzed,but,i never went to the wrong house,smh.

My step son broke into my house with a friend one morning at around 3 and I met them at the door armed. It's a lesson they will never forget!
    They had been drinking, but sobered up real fast at the sight of my 45 and me in my underwear!
    Not sure which scared them the most!

But they never came in the door without phoning first again!

A concerned homeowner would identify their targets before firing.

I'd say when the boy pushed his way past the armend homeowner he made his intentions clear.
    I'd have shot too!
    Snub44 likes this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

I have been completely Shitfaced in Highschool and never mistaked another house for my own. That is sad but he kind of forced the home owners hand.
    oneshot and AR15VSCoyote like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links