Marine Road Rage.

This is a discussion on Marine Road Rage. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not good, as this only confirms Napolitano's opinion on returning vets. Warning: Harsh Language Marine Absolutely Loses It During Road Rage Incident Caught on Tape: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Marine Road Rage.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar

Marine Road Rage.

Not good, as this only confirms Napolitano's opinion on returning vets.

Warning: Harsh Language

Marine Absolutely Loses It During Road Rage Incident Caught on Tape: ?Get the F**k Out of Your Truck!? | Video | TheBlaze.com

"[Once officials learned of the road rage incident, the Marine responsible was detained and cited for communicating a threat. He is reportedly a Purple Heart recipient and may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), according to his friends who are defending him on the web.

Psychologist Dr. Michael Mantell told the station that he may have what is called “intermittent explosive disorder.}]”

Yeah, Taco Bell can do that to you. But if a hulked-up maniac like this guy, marine or not, screaming at me and threatening me, Im not sticking around to see what will transpire. If he follows me, Mr. 9mm is coming out to say "howdy".
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not sure what to say other than if he is suffering from some sort of disorder, I would venture to say he shouldn't own a firearm or at this point even drive a car. I can only go by the article's information. I would say something may be wrong considering the behavior I witnessed. To what extent, I do not know. I probably would have left and been on the phone with the police explaining why I left the scene. I personally would not have sat for this situation. I would have made sure my firearm was in close proximity.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    Not good, as this only confirms Napolitano's opinion on returning vets.

Warning: Harsh Language

Marine Absolutely Loses It During Road Rage Incident Caught on Tape: ?Get the F**k Out of Your Truck!? | Video | TheBlaze.com

"[Once officials learned of the road rage incident, the Marine responsible was detained and cited for communicating a threat. He is reportedly a Purple Heart recipient and may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), according to his friends who are defending him on the web.

Psychologist Dr. Michael Mantell told the station that he may have what is called “intermittent explosive disorder.}]”

Yeah, Taco Bell can do that to you. But if a hulked-up maniac like this guy, marine or not, screaming at me and threatening me, Im not sticking around to see what will transpire. If he follows me, Mr. 9mm is coming out to say "howdy".
    I'm sorry but this DOES NOT "confirm" Napolitano's opinion on returning vets. This is one isolated incident. Your comment sounds like it was written by Big Sis herself -- and we all know what she is full of.

Just because he did it,doesn't mean any others in the service would have.The man could have yelled and cursed all he wanted,i would have just waited on cops.You can't call me anything,i haven't already been called..He would pay for any damage he did to my car by kicking or hitting it.He just went completely berserk.I got hit in the rear,3 days after i bought a mustang gt.I was upset,but raising cane wouldn't have done a bit of good.The man in the video,acted like a lunatic,and he sure doesn't need a firearm,going by the way he acted in the video.

No excuse for this kind of verbal attack and then kicking in the door. This marine is lucky, I'm assuming, that the victim here was not armed...had he broken the window, the victim here would certainly have reason to fear for the lives of those in his car.
    Sad day for our soldiers who have these instances...war is hell, and we all pay a bit of a price.

I hope the soldier here has a price to pay, but I also hope that he gets the help that he obviously needs.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No excuse for this kind of verbal attack and then kicking in the door. This marine is lucky, I'm assuming, that the victim here was not armed...had he broken the window, the victim here would certainly have reason to fear for the lives of those in his car.
    Sad day for our soldiers who have these instances...war is hell, and we all pay a bit of a price.

I hope the soldier here has a price to pay, but I also hope that he gets the help that he obviously needs.
    Well put. I feel badly for the vet, and for the recipient of his behavior.

I know he does not confirm "ms. Napoleon's" statement about returning vets... But it certainly does not reflect well on them, nor on the corps.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

That raging idiot is a candidate for pepper spraying. Methinks the sergeants sleeve will be minus a a stripe or two when the USMC is finished with him.

He seemed to get a lot more determined when there were two guys to hold him back

I like the Amish Road rage lol
    goldmaster likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

This has nothing to do with the guy being a Marine or combat related PTSD. I see people acting like that 2 or 3 times a week. It's usually fat bald guys, with a goatee who appear to work in construction and drive really shiny full-size pickups. He is a product of his society and has a simple, boorish mentality just like 80% of our fellow Americans. Scenes like this are really not uncommon. It's really humorous but the whole kicking the car and trying to open the door business is a little extreme and the victim there probably should have just driven away and called the cops.

This kind of nonsense is never directed at me, fortunately, since I've learned... Just leave early or call ahead. You're not getting anywhere in a hurry these days. If something like this is directed at you, you have to be better than that; do nothing to fan the flames of their infantile outburst. If they're approaching you on foot making threats, just leave and call the cops. If it ever escalates to the chase and threaten to ram you bit, you kind of have to be the one to set the threshold, but remember you're a sitting duck stuck behind the wheel of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    This has nothing to do with the guy being a Marine or combat related PTSD.
    You know that for a fact, do you?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I had Intermittent rage before the Corps. As I had to intermittently deal with idiots, I got mad.

But it has, or should have its limits. Whether or not its PTSD or just bad upbringing is beyond the knowledge of us here to decipher.
    However, we are seeing more behavior like this across a broader section of society more often.
    ep1953 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    However, we are seeing more behavior like this across a broader section of society more often.
    Can we really be surprised by this with almost entire generations of men growing up fatherless?

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Can we really be surprised by this with almost entire generations of men growing up fatherless?
    I'd say that holds true. It takes a man to teach a man how to act, social norms, and responsibilities.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I'd say that holds true. It takes a man to teach a man how to act, social norms, and responsibilities.
    Seeing some of the so-called "men" around here, more kids need to be fatherless. Hardly an example to emulate.

And I see you finally got that elephant.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Seeing some of the so-called "men" around here, more kids need to be fatherless. Hardly an example to emulate.
    Those "so-called men" may have been fatherless themselves. And suggesting that more kids need to be fatherless is not helpful. You can't fix the problem by allowing it to persist.

No man is perfect, but an imperfect father that doesn't abandon his children is better than no father at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links