New anti gun ad

This is a discussion on New anti gun ad within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs I have to say, while I understand the point the organization is trying to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dsbjax

Thread: New anti gun ad

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar

New anti gun ad

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

I have to say, while I understand the point the organization is trying to make, I think this poster will actually help the pro gun cause because of how ridiculous it makes America look. To me this poster says, "look at all the dumb regulations we already have in place, let's try a few more!"
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

2. Remove Ads

The pointless message: We've banned dodge ball, the book Little Red Riding Hood ... so how can we possibly not ban guns, too?!

The reality: criminal misuse of weapons happens all the time, in schools as well, most particularly where banned. Hasn't stopped a thing.

The solution (at least partially): have good guys with weapons, sufficient to withstand/counter the bad guys with weapons; harden the facilities and procedures; segregate areas of the school from other areas; keep violent criminals who are caught out of our communities (either behind bars, or permanently).

The failure, and the real salient point of that politically-motivated ad: wishing criminals wouldn't ignore prohibitions won't solve a thing; nor will foisting more prohibitions on citizens.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I believe is a good ad. The young lady holding the AR15 has obviously been trained in the safe handling of a firearm. She does not have the muzzle pointed at anyone and her finger is off the trigger. *End sarcasm*

Administrator
    This is not a story of self defense.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This is not a story of self defense.
    Thus, its time for a ban...

To the article. Look at the crap we have banned...Good lord...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

To me, it is a VERY creepy ad. Look at the faces of those kids. What dose of Valium are they on?

Two points:

1 – I must have missed the amendment about our right to bear dodge balls.
    2 – I’m pretty sure a child bringing a AR-15 to schools is against the law.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.

Beside the whole ad since when is dodgeball banned. I loved dodgeball it was my favorite subject!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    Beside the whole ad since when is dodgeball banned. I loved dodgeball it was my favorite subject!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dodgeball has been banned in our local schools since I was there (graduated in 2001) because one of our uncoordinated few slipped while playing and faceplanted into a table, losing a few teeth. Typical of our liberal education system, the school decided to ban that horrible, violent game instead of doing the smart thing and telling the lazy gym teachers to keep tables out of the gym during class. Couldn't have done that though... it would have made too much sense and our fat drunkard of a gym teacher wouldn't have had a place to sit and stave off his daily hangover with a little Beam in his coffee.

Links