Homeowner shows up at just the right time.

This is a discussion on Homeowner shows up at just the right time. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was a couple of miles from our home. Too bad it is going to cost the Texas taxpayers in the future to feed, cloth ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By farronwolf
  • 6 Post By BadgerJ

Thread: Homeowner shows up at just the right time.

Thumbs up Homeowner shows up at just the right time.

This was a couple of miles from our home.

Too bad it is going to cost the Texas taxpayers in the future to feed, cloth and house the scumbags. Glad the homeowner is ok, hope he practices his shooting in case there is a next time. I do like this statement he made though.

"To me I can't stand a thief, I work too hard for what I have" says Evans

Shots fired in interrupted burglary at Bowie Co. home, search on - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Both Suspects In Custody In Bowie County Burglary | News - Home
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

IMO, better to pay for the jail time for the scumbags than a good person be victimized or killed.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I don't disagree, just saying that if he had killed them both, it would have saved us some $.
    RETSUPT99, Mr B and ep1953 like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    They need to add something like public caning to these home invader's sentences. 40 lashes, in full view of the citizenry. Humiliate them. Then jail.
    Mjr_Fail, ep1953, Tzadik and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    They need to add something like public caning to these home invader's sentences. 40 lashes, in full view of the citizenry. Humiliate them. Then jail.
    Word

-third(ed)
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

I like the way you think.
    They would pull this burglary crap in Singapore.(More than once...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's Texas--just brand them!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I shouldn't have commented on his shooting. The original stories led me to believe he was in the house initially when shooting at them. However it appears he was outside and they were driving at him. He put 3 in the drivers seat and one in the headrest.

Homeowner fires at burglary suspects

Man says they ‘broke into the wrong house’; two arrested

By: Jim Williamson - Texarkana Gazette

A homeowner fought back and fired shots at two burglary suspects Tuesday morning at a house in the 700 block of Cummings Lane in southwest Texarkana.

Jonathan Evans returned home from a doctor’s appointment about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and caught two people burglarizing his home.

He grabbed a .45-caliber pistol and started shooting.

The burglars took off, but the homeowner emptied two .45-caliber pistols into the getaway Suburban.

“My Jack terrier was going crazy in the house. The big-screen TV was gone. A guy ran out of the bedroom. He broke into the wrong house,” Evans said.

“The adrenaline was flowing. I thought I fired a thousand shots,” he said. “Is a $100 TV worth his life?”

One bullet hit the driver’s-side head rest, and three bullets hit the driver’s-side front seat, said investigators at the scene.

One suspect jumped out the back passenger door, Evans said.

While Evans was firing shots at the Suburban, the driver was losing control of the vehicle, hitting several trees in the ditches. He was also “grinding the gears,” Evans said.

Deputy Lonnie Johnson was in the 700 block of Cummings Lane on his way to a burglary call when he heard three gunshots.

“While looking for the source of the fired rounds, Johnson found Evans at the end of a driveway holding a firearm. He also saw a green SUV sitting in the middle of Cummings Lane,” Bowie County Chief Deputy Jeffrey Neal said.

Evans told Johnson his house had been burglarized.

“As the suspects attempted to leave, they drove at Mr. Evans in a green SUV,” Neal said.

The vehicle was disabled in the middle of Cummings Lane from the collisions with the trees and the gunshots.

“While Deputy Johnson was still speaking with Mr. Evans, he received a call from an area citizen who informed him he had just dropped off a subject at the E-Z Mart on U.S. Highway 59 that was possibly a suspect,” Neal said.

Officers from Liberty-Eyalu Independent School District and the Bowie County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area.

DeAngelo Daniels, 17, of Texarkana was found walking down the roadway and was taken into custody.

A perimeter was formed and canine units from the Sheriff’s Office and the Texarkana, Texas, Police Department searched for the second suspect who was believed to have been shot.

James Arthur Liggans, 23, of Texarkana, Texas, was found near the dead end of Quail Brook Drive.

Liggins didn’t appear to have been shot but was transported to Wadley Regional Medical Center.

After treatment for minor injuries, Liggans was transported to the Bi-State Justice Building Jail.

Bail had not been set for the suspects late Tuesday evening.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I don't disagree, just saying that if he had killed them both, it would have saved us some $.
    Absolutely! Dead dirtbags aren't repeat offenders!

I like this in those cases where the dirtbag survives being shot by the homeowner.

I don't really think this will cost the homeowner a penny in defense money. He will loose his gun till the grand jury is done looking at the case, then he will get it back.

This sort of shooting kind of dispells the notion that every bullet you fire has an attorney or thousands of dollars attached to it. Of course that is very dependant on where one lives.

God bless Texas.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links