Teen shot for car jacking

This is a discussion on Teen shot for car jacking within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was interesting. I would not just give him the car. http://www.wvec.com/sharedcontent/Vi...96762&catId=44...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teen shot for car jacking

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar

Teen shot for car jacking

I thought this was interesting. I would not just give him the car.

http://www.wvec.com/sharedcontent/Vi...96762&catId=44

2. Remove Ads

I think you must have misunderstood the story. The cop reportedly was defending himself during an attempted carjacking.

The difference here is one common to these sorts of events where people want to know why somebody had to die over a material item. Why did the officer have to shoot the kid? Usually the way that it works is that the dead perp was threatening or attempting to use lethal force against the intended victim as a means by which to procure said desired item. As such, the carjacking is simply the circumstance bringing together the shooter and shootee. The shooter shot the shootee because his life was threatened, even if it was simply in the attempt to steal the car, a threat on the shooter's life was made.

Obviously, nobody is simply going to give up a vehicle because some punk says, "Mister, may I please have your car?" The robber attempts to instill motivation in the victim, usually by a threat of force, often lethal force. At that point, the situation for the intended victim is no longer about the item desired, but about life and death.

That's one career criminal who got rehabilitated at an early age. Good for the officer.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Another Sad Story...

The BG's aunt was on the news clip, stating that the cop didn't have to shool her nephew...and further...she said that the cop should have given her nephew (mini thug) the car because you can always replace a car...but not the dead kid!

At least she got SOMETHING right...yep, won't be replacing the kid...

Some people really have their heads screwed on 'backwards'. This 'aunt' didn't seem to get the idea that her little 'scumbag' was doing something worng...carjacking with a gun?

My hats off to the officer involved...he saved the taxpayers a lot of time, trouble, and expense. He also saved other citizens from having to deal with this little thug...ever again!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

she said that the cop should have given her nephew the car because you can always replace a car...but not the dead kid!
    Maybe the kid shouldn't be out car jacking duh! and he wouldn't be dead.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Good he was shot!!! In my eyes that carjacker will be replaced with another car jacker easier than replacing the car.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Seems that somebody,aka the BG,needed to review Chris Rocks clip on how to keep from gettin' your a$$ kicked by the police.

One of the first rules that Chris mentions is "obay the law".

I really can't understand why all the punks get shot/killed. They are ALL fine,upstanding,pillars of the community,that never deserved what they got. Yeah,right. Wake up mommy and grammy. -------

Not A Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    Good he was shot!!! In my eyes that carjacker will be replaced with another car jacker easier than replacing the car.
    Bullets can be replaced, too...very quickly!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They also commented on the fact that he was shot four times, what do they think he should have done? Shot him once to graze him and then let the little gang banger shoot him back?!? I say keep going till the clip runs dry. Just my opinion. Also I try to look at it from the other direction as well, would those people let a armed robber in thier home and let them steal everything they had so as not to have to harm the robber, after all thier stuff could have been replaced, I doubt it. The scumbags need to realize that if they pull a gun on someone then they might get one pulled back on em so they damn well better be ready to get it on in the first place. Maybe they should also understand the gun laws and laws governing the use of deadly force before they go out shoppin for a new ride, that way they will understand that thier actions are likely to get them a free trip to the morgue.

Lead Moderator
    A loss of life is never a good thing, but being a criminal has its hazards. Trying to kill or even threatening someone is a good way to get killed.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

"I don't understand ... there could have been many ways the deputy could have handled the situation ..." (family member quote)
    If facts are as that video portrays ...

Armed criminal attempts a carjacking, and a host of alternatives is available? She must be smoking something. With a lethal threat in your face, there aren't many options. Who's to say whether the deputy did the ol' insta-badge-then-shoot routine, or whether the criminal reacted immediately and violently to him identifying himself as a police officer. But the truth remains: the armed criminal threatened lethal force, could have used it, was in his face ... and was stopped. No changing that.

A "teen"? He learned sooner rather than later that violent crime is stupid, wrong and worthy of lethal force in defense. He tossed away his life over lunacy. From the family's perspective, what a waste.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Everybody has consequnces for thier actions, if I run a red light theres a chance I will get a ticket, if I fly airplanes I may die in a crash, if I play with fire I might get burned, If I pull a gun on someone and try to steal from them I may get my head blown off. If the reward isnt worth the consequences then you have to make a serious judgement call on "Is it worth it" So the perp in this case as in most others made a concious choice that pulling out a gun and trying to steal this guys car was worth it to him, and the victim in this case felt that pulling out his weapon and taking a chance on getting shot himself was a better option than giving up his stuff and even after complying with the thief, possibly getting shot anyway. There are always choices, yes, no, Do, Don't, Coke instead of Pepsi. This guys choice of cars to steal was a bad one, trying to steal the car with a gun was another one, not running like hell when it became evident that the victim was law enforcement was his last bad choice.

Arnold said, rule no. 2 in a crisis situation..."don't bluff unless you are prepare to have your bluff called." It seems that when this kid introduced a weapon (his aunt may have thought he was bluffing) but when the officer drew his weapon, the kid got his bluff called.

Here is my simple rule:

If you don't bother (carjack) people, they won't bother (shoot) you.

Hopefully all those other kids in that neighborhood learned a lesson here. Don't bother people.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

15 years old???

Oh yeah, don't you have to have a license and be 16 to drive (carjack).
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

If you decide to join the world of adult crime don't be surprised if you have to pay the membership fees.
    "Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!"
    -- Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links