UGLY: I'll take your cash and your pistol

UGLY: I'll take your cash and your pistol

This is a discussion on UGLY: I'll take your cash and your pistol within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not much information... OC? Poor CC? Who knows, but adding one more gun to the street isn't a good outcome! Robber swipes gun from managers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: UGLY: I'll take your cash and your pistol

  1. #1
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,097

    UGLY: I'll take your cash and your pistol

    Not much information... OC? Poor CC? Who knows, but adding one more gun to the street isn't a good outcome!

    Robber swipes gun from managers waistband in KC - KansasCity.com
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady


  2. #2
    Member Array Buckeye00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    51
    One of the comments I found on the article that shows the ignorance we are up against:

    "What a surprise. Just like 90% of the time the "good guy" with the gun panics and does nothing or makes the situation worse. Thankfully he just did nothing this time. Sorry guys, for every John Wayne fantasy article we read 4-5 times a year about good guys beating bad guys with guns there are 1000 about the good guy with the accident or panicked response. FACT: People who carry guns are more likely to die from gun violence."

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Posts
    17,659
    That's why I took a job emptying Port-a-Potties. No one will get close enough to rob me.
    BkCo1, rigel42 and mkh like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array acepilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NW WI
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's why I took a job emptying Port-a-Potties. No one will get close enough to rob me.
    Yup. Nobody sticks their nose in your business. Poop Poop We Do.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

  5. #5
    Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    890
    Maybe the guy had mouthed off to customers how he was "packing"; or like the OP said, poor concealment or maybe he was OCing.
    Otherwise I don't know how the BG knew he had a gun. Let them THINK maybe you have one, but do not tell them, or anyone else.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    5,131
    Real hard-assed criminals aren't too worried about panty-waisted pistol packers. I fear, with the popularity of concealed permits, that there are a LOT of folks with a false sense of security because they "carry a gun". Let's keep in mind my brothers & sisters that our handgun is simply a tool. It only becomes an effective weapon with our skill & willingness to USE IT. Without those things, it's just a token of...our ego.
    TX expat, ccw9mm, Broadus and 6 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,097
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Real hard-assed criminals aren't too worried about panty-waisted pistol packers. I fear, with the popularity of concealed permits, that there are a LOT of folks with a false sense of security because they "carry a gun". Let's keep in mind my brothers & sisters that our handgun is simply a tool. It only becomes an effective weapon with our skill & willingness to USE IT. Without those things, it's just a token of...our ego.
    There's a whole lot of truth to this post and it really drives home the fact that when you find yourself in an armed confrontation is absolutely not the time to start thinking about how you're going to deal with it.

    Train for the fight so if the fight comes, you are mentally and physically ready for it. Otherwise you will not be ready for it.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye00 View Post
    One of the comments I found on the article that shows the ignorance we are up against:

    "What a surprise. Just like 90% of the time the "good guy" with the gun panics and does nothing or makes the situation worse. Thankfully he just did nothing this time. Sorry guys, for every John Wayne fantasy article we read 4-5 times a year about good guys beating bad guys with guns there are 1000 about the good guy with the accident or panicked response. FACT: People who carry guns are more likely to die from gun violence."
    yeh, right.
    bigdogtx likes this.

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array cphilip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    There's a whole lot of truth to this post and it really drives home the fact that when you find yourself in an armed confrontation is absolutely not the time to start thinking about how you're going to deal with it.

    Train for the fight so if the fight comes, you are mentally and physically ready for it. Otherwise you will not be ready for it.
    Along that train of thought... I find that SOME of us... after getting our CWP... tend to think about avoidance of confrontation and situation more. And I think that should be stressed. The fact that you have a firearm on you should make you want to NOT have to use it. Should be your number one goal.

  10. #10
    Member
    Array rigel42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's why I took a job emptying Port-a-Potties. No one will get close enough to rob me.
    I'm sure you've seen it, but Kenny (2006_film) is one of my all time favorite mockumentaries.

    There's a smell in here that will outlast religion

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Along that train of thought... I find that SOME of us... after getting our CWP... tend to think about avoidance of confrontation and situation more. And I think that should be stressed. The fact that you have a firearm on you should make you want to NOT have to use it. Should be your number one goal.
    +1 if the robber saw the guy had a gun then he could have caught the clerk off guard. last thing i would want to do is draw my gun when i have the BG gun a foot from my face. most store robberies are done with the BG and GG about 2 feet away from each other. so in that situation, with the BG being right on top of me and me not being able to safely get cover (stuck in a small area behind counters he can jump since he is right there) i wouldnt have drawn either. but also would have had my gun concealed. now if the BG came in the door holding the gun up it would have been different, but most of the time the BG acts as a customer and checks for others and then gets right up on you. this article would be reading different if there was another customer in the store that was CC.
    tjwheels likes this.

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Real hard-assed criminals aren't too worried about panty-waisted pistol packers. I fear, with the popularity of concealed permits, that there are a LOT of folks with a false sense of security because they "carry a gun". Let's keep in mind my brothers & sisters that our handgun is simply a tool. It only becomes an effective weapon with our skill & willingness to USE IT. Without those things, it's just a token of...our ego.
    Without those things, it's just a token of...our ego.
    Really? You are making a case for the anti gunners then.

    Why do you think Chicago has the highest violent crime rates?
    Why do you think gun free zones are targets to sickos with guns?
    Ever see police stations or gun shows robbed?

    I think the idea that many states have gun laws that make it easy for law abiding citizens to carry gives a criminal (pause). A lot of pause!
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

    Do what you can; then do what you must

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array ntkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    690
    Funny I never hear these type of comments when a cop gets his gun removed from his possession.
    Qtip likes this.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

  14. #14
    Member Array tjwheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    +1 if the robber saw the guy had a gun then he could have caught the clerk off guard. last thing i would want to do is draw my gun when i have the BG gun a foot from my face. most store robberies are done with the BG and GG about 2 feet away from each other. so in that situation, with the BG being right on top of me and me not being able to safely get cover (stuck in a small area behind counters he can jump since he is right there) i wouldnt have drawn either. but also would have had my gun concealed. now if the BG came in the door holding the gun up it would have been different, but most of the time the BG acts as a customer and checks for others and then gets right up on you. this article would be reading different if there was another customer in the store that was CC.
    Agree
    "We cannot resort to simplistic or extreme solutions which substitute myths for common sense". JIMMY CARTER

  15. #15
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,743
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's why I took a job emptying Port-a-Potties. No one will get close enough to rob me.

    ^^^^^IDK^^^^^^
    about that thought,,,

    There are those screwballs who just don't seem to mind going the distance for their "fetishes"

    Peeping Tom Hid Inside Porta Potty

    Naked Man Rescued from Porta-Potty - Asylum.com

    Crime Blotter: Alleged Outhouse 'Peeping Tom' Has Romantic Defense - ABC News
    An alleged outhouse "Peeping Tom" says he was only searching for his wedding ring; a man is caught with women's underwear;
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

    M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •