(Title Change) Manhunt for Boston Bomber & MIT Cop Killer

This is a discussion on (Title Change) Manhunt for Boston Bomber & MIT Cop Killer within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Article: MIT Says There's a Shooter on the Loose and an Officer Down on Campus From the comments, it seems a robbery at a nearby ...

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: (Title Change) Manhunt for Boston Bomber & MIT Cop Killer

Article: MIT Says There's a Shooter on the Loose and an Officer Down on Campus

From the comments, it seems a robbery at a nearby 7-11 convenience store migrated to the MIT campus where an officer was shot (and has been taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries).

Difficult to get some news as the story is breaking, but I have heard some conflicting reports. Some say the "hispanic man" took the officer's weapon from him before firing at him but I am skeptical of that. I would think weapon retention is something LEOs train for, unless I am reading that as "held him up for his weapon before shooting him" and not with the LEO's own gun.
    Last edited by Bark'n; April 19th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianSteel View Post
    Article: MIT Says There's a Shooter on the Loose and an Officer Down on Campus

From the comments, it seems a robbery at a nearby 7-11 convenience store migrated to the MIT campus where an officer was shot (and has been taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries).

Difficult to get some news as the story is breaking, but I have heard some conflicting reports. Some say the "hispanic man" took the officer's weapon from him before firing at him but I am skeptical of that. I would think weapon retention is something LEOs train for, unless I am reading that as "held him up for his weapon before shooting him" and not with the LEO's own gun.
    Well yes officer are trained in weapon retention with a variety of techniques, but a gun can still be taken from them especially if the officer has drawn his/her gun in close proximity with the suspect.

It's harder to get a gun out with say a level 3 holster like one of the Safariland holsters, it all depends on the angle and direction in which a suspect approaches. I've been successful in taking guns away IN TRAINING!! it was against a female officer though. I do believe I managed to get the gun half way out of a few male officers holsters.

Sorry didn't see your post... Started a thread a few minutes after ya...

I'm hearing on the scanner right now... Two middle eastern males just carjacked someone in Cambridge right near the campus. Don't know if it's related to the campus shooting or maybe the bombings. Maybe they are both related? Cambridge and Boston are right next to each other.

Boston Police, Fire and EMS Live Audio Feed

It would be interesting if related to the Boston incident. There has been a considerable "investigation" on Reddit on Suspect #2 and from the name it seems he might be of Middle-Eastern descent. Interestingly, he has been missing for about a month prior to the Boston bombing incident, yet shows up with remarkable resemblance in the Marathon photos.

EDIT: Seems the radio feed is having connectivity problems.

It would be interesting. There has been a considerable "investigation" on Reddit on Suspect #2 and from the name it seems he might be. Interestingly, he has been missing for about a month prior to the Boston bombing incident.

EDIT: Seems the radio feed is having connectivity problems.
    Yep it just dropped. I listen to the Chicago feed every now and then just for fun b/c its always the top one. But i've never seen 20k people on one feed like this before.

EDIT: its back up.. Looks the middle eastern males carjacked a Mercedes SUV and are on the run.

Edit: Oh crap shots fired at officers trying to stop vehicle.

I hear explosives/grenades too... this won't end well that is for damn sure.
    wishyouwell likes this.

Many many shots fired.. I heard someone say they had grenades/explosives? Possible stolen vehicle from state police?

This is very intense. I'm thinking they must have an officer down hence his vehicle being stolen.

Edit: reports of second officer down.. Hand grenades automatic gunfire.

Did I hear "all units retreat"?

Did I hear "all units retreat"?

Yes.. It was retreat! retreat! Never have i heard that on a police freq. They're wanting long guns. get some long guns up here.

The officer who was shot has been pronounced dead.

Police: MIT Campus officer shot dead on campus

And here I thought the whole Christopher Dorner bit was intense... now turning off cellphones to prevent accidentally detonating any "packages" left behind.

never heard of a "retreat" good grief.

Did I hear, "we're out of rounds up here, need long guns" ?

And here I thought the whole Christopher Dorner bit was intense... now turning off cellphones to prevent accidentally detonating any "packages" left behind.

I know, right. Looks like the FBI is starting show up.

I could be wrong but i thought i heard. One suspect was on way to hospital and another possibly in custody?

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links