Craigslist rape

Craigslist rape

This is a discussion on Craigslist rape within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here's one from not too far away from me: Officials: Woman Selling Cell Phone On Craigslist Raped In Musko - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Craigslist rape

Craigslist rape

Here's one from not too far away from me:

Officials: Woman Selling Cell Phone On Craigslist Raped In Musko - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Woman was selling a cell phone and the man said he needed to check with his wife and get money, so she follows him out of town where he rapes her. Not defensive carry related you say? Here's the kicker: according to the report she had a gun in her purse, which he stole along with her keys, clothes and everything else.

Remember folks, keeps your friends close and your sidearm closer. And always follow the rule of three stupids.
    Last edited by paaiyan; April 25th, 2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    I'm surprised that she had the foresight to carry a gun but didn't have it ON her for the one occasion that carried a higher probability of going wrong...meeting a strange man, out of town, for a Craig's List transaction.

I'm sure she wishes she had it in a holster instead of in her purse. Hindsight is always 100%
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'm surprised that she had the foresight to carry a gun but didn't have it ON her for the one occasion that carried a higher probability of going wrong...meeting a strange man, out of town, for a Craig's List transaction.

I'm sure she wishes she had it in a holster instead of in her purse. Hindsight is always 100%
    I'm not surprised in the least. For every one of "us" there are, there's probably 20 that are licensed to carry and feel that by getting the permit they've done enough. Heck, I'd be surprised if it were even a 1:20 ratio actually. I've met a whole lot of people that all seem to have the same mentality that the firearm possesses some mystical power to imbue the owner the skill set needed to actually use it effectively.
    Spade115, perfection and atctimmy like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Terrible mistake. She did the right thing first and met him at a store -- apparently she did this knowing there was a potential for trouble. The she quit thinking. I hope they catch the scumbag. Hopefully they have a sting going already.

VIP Member
    I think you're right TX.
    I also think that women have more trusting natures, and that works against us.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have thought of the possibility of a scam each and every time I agree to a FTF gun transaction. I go armed and with an armed friend holding the cash at a distance. I normally try to meet the seller at a local gun shop in the parking lot during daylight hours only. I am not paranoid, just don't want to be a victim. I recently did a transaction at the local Court House in the parking lot.
    mano3, BugDude and BigJon10125 like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Women need to be more paranoid. My bride uses one of the bangbra gun holsters. I think that would have been a different ending had she worn that... and used it if required.
    Glock2201 likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wasn't she supposed to puke on him? I've heard of reports where that's supposed to be effective.
    RadarContact and mano3 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My sis-in -law purse carries and I never liked it...........trying to get her to buy a good IWB instead.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Wasn't she supposed to puke on him? I've heard of reports where that's supposed to be effective.
    I thought it was pee on them
    RadarContact and mano3 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I just got my CCL a while ago and have even carried yet but I have done several Craigslist transactions and will only do them at my place of business when it is open or in a busy parking lot that is well lit up if I am doing it at night even if I do start carrying during these transactions. The easiest way to solve a problem is to not have one.

Will people ever learn about SA...following a man into the 'sticks' to sell a phone...HELLO?..."Can you hear me now?"

I hate to hear of crimes like this, but she should have seen the potential for this happening a mile away.

If this guy was in a store (where they met), there may be pictures of him on tape...hopefully.
    MasterGadgets and mano3 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Will people ever learn about SA...following a man into the 'sticks' to sell a phone...HELLO?..."Can you hear me now?
    ^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^

I have the mindset that says, "A BG could break down my door as I type this."

IT CAN HAPPEN. I'm wearing a pistol right now. And am very close to a long gun.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

It's a false sense of security for some people that if they have a gun then they'll be fine. I'm curious about this woman, if she was one who had it for the sense of security or if she knew how to use it but couldn't get to it because it was off body.

I know a lot of women purse carry and that's their choice. Personally, I'm not comfortable with it, it's too easy to be separated from my purse. Especially when dealing with Craigslist transactions! Those are scary enough, there's no way I'd do one without my gun on my hip!
    8th ID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    It's a false sense of security for some people that if they have a gun then they'll be fine. I'm curious about this woman, if she was one who had it for the sense of security or if she knew how to use it but couldn't get to it because it was off body.

I know a lot of women purse carry and that's their choice. Personally, I'm not comfortable with it, it's too easy to be separated from my purse. Especially when dealing with Craigslist transactions! Those are scary enough, there's no way I'd do one without my gun on my hip!
    Absolutely!

I'll never understand women that choose to purse carry. There are too many options available for concealed carry to leave the gun in your purse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links