Sad: Elderly mother shoots son in self-defense

This is a discussion on Sad: Elderly mother shoots son in self-defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...96843cc4d.html An 81 year old woman shot her own son twice with a revolver after she says that he attacked her with a knife. Sent ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By lionround
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 1 Post By acepilot

Thread: Sad: Elderly mother shoots son in self-defense

Sad: Elderly mother shoots son in self-defense

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...96843cc4d.html

An 81 year old woman shot her own son twice with a revolver after she says that he attacked her with a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I'm going to bet the world would have been a better place had she been on birth control 40 or 50 years ago!!!!

VIP Member
    I wonder if the son was using drugs? It doesn't say in the article. I wish it had a statement from the Mother as to why she thought her son attacked her. Lots of questions unanswered.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    My mother used to say "I brought you into this world and if you disrespect me, I can take you out of it". I guess this woman meant it.

Still sad to think that a family situation can get THAT bad. I hope she's all right.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Not a lot to go on with that article.

Some people are just plain loco, and don't give a damn who the assault or feel they have to threaten/intimidate to get money, the car keys etc, etc, etc.

Probably a good shoot, but keep in mind they just convicted a grandmother for killing her meth'ed out grandson who was to be sent to a school for troubled teens but she said he could stay with her.
    She said she bought the pistol because she was afraid of him.
    Though there was incriminating 911 recordings, it shows what can happen.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Wow that's a sad state of affairs when a mother has to resort to shooting her son. Can't even imagine.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

...drugs make monsters out of men...not surprising at all...
    MadGunner420 likes this.

Who can say whether the son was on drugs or just plain crazy. In any case, it is truly a sad day when a mother has to kill her own son in defense of her life.

The article did state that the mother did suffer a knife wound so it would appear on the surface to be a good shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Wow that's a sad state of affairs when a mother has to resort to shooting her son. Can't even imagine.
    Except for the Boston bombers mom. She should have done it years ago. Then done herself.
    malexander likes this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Check the knife for finger prints.

I knew of a case here where a woman cut her arms several times and then called the police and reported her husband did it. He went to jail, had a aggravated domestic violence against him, etc. He kept demanding the police take the knife in as evidence. Good he did, as they never found his finger prints on the knife ..... just hers. The Pollice testified to that and they had solely taken her word for it. There was NO proof, other than she was injured. On the stand at the trial , she admitted that she did it all herself.... to teach him a lesson and to make him pay...... because she was mad at him. She was crazy as a loon.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    If the cops print the knife and find the sons prints I think that will prove out her reasons for shooting him. Perhaps the rest of you did not catch this but I did not care for the spin the newspaper put on the news article. They made the son out to be a stand up guy. Clearly from what I read he was anything but. Just the same I found this to be very sad. All the same I am glad she was armed and had the wherewithal to protect herself.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

We don't call it the "St Louis Post Disgrace" for nothing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another slant...

I hope there isn't a "Ma Barker" in the future findings...I'm just sayin'...the investigation should figure it out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links