Bad - Sounds like an accident

This is a discussion on Bad - Sounds like an accident within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sounds like an accident, but they sure hit her with some heavy charges. Wife accidentally kills husband during gun lesson: Police - U.S. News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bad - Sounds like an accident

Sounds like an accident, but they sure hit her with some heavy charges.

Wife accidentally kills husband during gun lesson: Police - U.S. News
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Drinking and guns. I can see why they charged her. She pulled the slide back and it went off. Kinda tells me her finger was in the trigger unless I missed something. None the less it is tragic.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It's horrible and she has to live with that,the rest of her life.That said,casually drinking vodka and lemonade,and handling firearms,isn't something i would be doing.

Valid points, I hadn't thought about the alcohol piece of the puzzle. Sadly, you know the odds are it was hubby that suggested they go downstairs so he could show her some things.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

"police say Michael Wanko, 43, and Michele Wanko, 42, were “casually drinking” vodka and lemonade together inside their home"

Drinking and guns don't mix
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Found this article to same story. Wife Accidentally Kills Husband During Gun Lesson: Police | NBC 10 Philadelphia It states a lot of drugs were found also.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Accident or not, she should be charged. These accidents are what gives the anti's ammo, and make gun owners look irresponsible. Even though we have nothing to do with it, we will be viewed as one. Maybe people will start waking up if they have some serious consequences to face.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Accident or not, she should be charged. These accidents are what gives the anti's ammo, and make gun owners look irresponsible. Even though we have nothing to do with it, we will be viewed as one. Maybe people will start waking up if they have some serious consequences to face.
    You make it sound like she should be charged for politcial reasons or for reasons to protect a group....Fail.

If someone is to be prosecuted it is because they broke a law and not to be used as fodder or as a scapegoat, or to make an example of.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Nothing good happens at 3:30 am. Not high jack the thread, but I scrolled down looking for comments and came across "Texas inmate says wow during execution".
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    "On Friday, around 9 p.m., police say Michael Wanko, 43, and Michele Wanko, 42, were “casually drinking” vodka and lemonade together inside their home on West Roland Road in Parkside, Penn. Around 3:30 a.m., police say the couple went into their basement so that Michael could show his wife how to use a semiautomatic pistol. " Wife accidentally kills husband during gun lesson: Police - U.S. News

What could possibly go wrong when you mix alcohool, early morning hours, and a guy trying to show his wife/gal how to shoot?

DUH, he couldn't teacher her when she was sober?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

“When she let go of the slide, the weapon went off,” said Chief Egan.

Sounds to me like the drunk n00b had her booger hook curled nice and tight around the bang switch while trying to get a strong enough grip to rack the slide. Guns certainly don't just "go off".
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Senior Moderator
    Anti's dont need "ammo". They already think that gun owners are irresponsible. We dont have anything to do with it. We are already "veiwed as one". Most people will never wake up as most of them dont have critical thinking skills because they have never been taught them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I lost count of the number of bad decisions made in this story, but it comes down to one big one. Drinking is fine, guns are fine, drinking and guns don’t mix.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Very suspicious. I'd look for signs of pursuit inside the house, to the basement.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's no law against being stupid. Sounds like being "charged" is a bit premature. On those grounds everyone involved in a fatal accident should face the same charges.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links