Good: New story about several SD incidents

This is a discussion on Good: New story about several SD incidents within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...d02849a99.html This is new story that has several accounts of self defense use of firearms around the greater St. Louis area. The "featured" case: A ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MSCPLer

Thread: Good: New story about several SD incidents

Good: New story about several SD incidents

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...d02849a99.html

This is new story that has several accounts of self defense use of firearms around the greater St. Louis area.

The "featured" case: A guy in Hazelwood MO that was forced to shoot an armed robber while on the street.

I think a good main point was the two mistakes that the police pointed out to the guy. 1) he was carrying his Glock without a round already chambered. 2) he was carrying ball ammo and not hollow points.

It also deals with the aftermath and follows a couple of people about what their lives have been like after the shot(s) were fired.

All-in-all I'd say its a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

I read all of the SD stories. I thought it was somewhat rude of the news writer to call the person in the 3rd story 'the shooter'. He is supposed to be a professional. Write like one. It was difficult to read Mr Wolf's story. The aftermath was especially troubling. When he said he didn't know the why of why he prevailed I knew immediately why. His Faith in God kept him strong long enough to do what he had to do. At least he has his son, daughter and grand daughter to help him work it out.

I am seriously considering buying a revolver because I carry my 380 w/empty chamber. But I don't carry FMJ rounds in my edc. I have Federal JHP same as LE so my rounds will stop in the target. Just like those cops told MrWolf.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    While I was reading about the sisters I could not believe the bad guy was surprised she shot him. He was attacking her sister and she warned him she was going to shoot and she was surprised she shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I read all of the SD stories. I thought it was somewhat rude of the news writer to call the person in the 3rd story 'the shooter'. He is supposed to be a professional. Write like one. It was difficult to read Mr Wolf's story. The aftermath was especially troubling. When he said he didn't know the why of why he prevailed I knew immediately why. His Faith in God kept him strong long enough to do what he had to do. At least he has his son, daughter and grand daughter to help him work it out.
    Just what I'd expect from the St. Louis Post-Disgrace. They are your typical liberal paper.

Agree, I noticed a number of times the author downplayed how often firearms are used for self defense, as if it were only once every hundreds years thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good read. Gives me some things to ponder.
    NRA Life Member

Always hate to hear a bad guys family say, "why didn't they shoot him in the leg or arm". Was the bad guy aiming at an arm or leg when he was pulling the trigger multiple times? Dont think so.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    IBGoodToGo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSCPLer View Post
    Always hate to hear a bad guys family say, "why didn't they shoot him in the leg or arm". Was the bad guy aiming at an arm or leg when he was pulling the trigger multiple times? Dont think so.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah maybe he should have fired a warning shot with a gun pointed at him.

Links