Security video of guy taking shotgun from BG

This is a discussion on Security video of guy taking shotgun from BG within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Interesting video and story. The police would like to talk to the victim.....oh wait, which one is the victim? AFAIK, both parties have disappeared. As ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Security video of guy taking shotgun from BG

VIP Member

Interesting video and story. The police would like to talk to the victim.....oh wait, which one is the victim?

AFAIK, both parties have disappeared. As usual the story creates more questions than it answers.

The intended victim was obviously in a bad part of town, at 5:30 am and appears to me to be in condition white, that's the formula for getting robbed.

He and the BG are both lucky.

WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Video: Intended Victim Takes Shotgun From Armed Robber In New Orleans
    Kennydale likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Great mindset on behalf of the victim.

So much for the theory that the sound of a racked shotgun will petrify the target with fear.
    perfection likes this.

Lessons from the situation:

• Proximity can be deadly.
    • Speed, mindset and determination can be invaluable.
    • Training matters.

Something we should all keep in mind.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think that I would have turned the gun around after taking it from the BG and cleared it by pulling the trigger a few times. Note: You don't have to lead a target running straight away from you.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Take away from watching video....Sticking a gun in someones face may not be a good idea.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Did anyone's fake alarm go off here?

First off this super capable victim with the right frame of mind is walking around texting? Then the BG racks the slide inches before the attack and places the gun point blank then gives it up almost like a dance move they worked out. Neither person can be found now...

I don't know, I think we just got video punked. Smell a rat....
    darbo and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

...oh, but you're supposed to be too slow to do that...and the BG's supposed to stand there and fight the angry
    not-a-victim who's now got a shotgun...that didn't go right at all...truth is stranger than fiction...here's proof...unless you think the NO PD made it all up as a "citizen training video?" betcha a dozen hot donuts that it's real...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    Perhaps. But there are still some lessons that the situation can teach.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

First off this super capable victim with the right frame of mind is walking around texting? Then the BG racks the slide inches before the attack and places the gun point blank then gives it up almost like a dance move they worked out. Neither person can be found now...

I didn't produce anything fake, WWL has been around a long time, I don't think they did either. I guess you're suggesting that a couple of guys got together and staged a street robbery in front of a known security camera? That's a reasonable thought, and a possibility, though I doubt it.

I think there are too many viable loose ends to this story for it to be staged. Note this related story from another media source, it appears the 31 year old intended victim has come forward and filed a police report (I don't have a copy of that report):

Armed robber disarmed by victim
    New Orleans — A New Orleans man managed to take a would-be robber’s shotgun early Saturday morning.

Police say the incident was reported around 5:16 a.m. in the 1900 block of Burgundy Street.

According to a police report, the 31-year-old man was approached by a man with a shotgun who demanded his wallet.

The victim took the gun from the robber, who then ran away.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Looks real to me. Maybe the victim had prior military training. He looks pretty fit.

As for the BG, he looks like the typical thug...big guy when he has a gun but not so much when it's yanked away from him.
    Just because a thug has a shotgun doesn't mean he has any training or a clue as to what to do with it other than point it at someone. This time he got caught. Too bad that's all he got.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

I don't think so, as the victim pushes the shot gun away from his face the handle (or what's left of it) would push into the BG's wrist causing it to easily slip from his hand. As for the racking, I'm betting it wasn't loaded when the BG stole it earlier in the day.

Lesson for me.... the only place for pistol grip shotguns is on TV!

That could've gone much more poorly for the muggee. Near the end, the barrel was nearly pointed at his belly, and the robber still had his hand on the trigger area.

Both parties couldn't have disappeared, the victim gave a statement to the police.
    perfection likes this.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Oh, you mean there was a police report. Well maybe it is real. He did a good job if thats the case.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    That could've gone much more poorly for the muggee. Near the end, the barrel was nearly pointed at his belly, and the robber still had his hand on the trigger area.
    Very true. In fact, at any point in time it could have gone badly for him, as it was originally aimed at his face.

I'd still rather be shot while fighting back, than shot while standing still, doing nothing.
    ErnieNWillis and luvmy40 like this.

...one could always call the nice detective who's handling the case and ask him if it's really real...his name and number are at the end of the video...
    perfection likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links