Kc MO shooting video ( with our own betty found online again )

This is a discussion on Kc MO shooting video ( with our own betty found online again ) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; an interview vid located here http://www.missouricarry.com/vids/mocarry.html Our own Betty's pic is featured prominantly by the site ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kc MO shooting video ( with our own betty found online again )

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

an interview vid located here http://www.missouricarry.com/vids/mocarry.html

Our own Betty's pic is featured prominantly by the site .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Our own Betty's pic is featured prominantly by the site .
    Sure is!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Nice vid. The BG definitely got what he deserved and the justice system seems to have treated the shooter well.

That guy waited an awfully long time before he decided to shoot the carjacker, though. Somebody's holding a gun on me and asks me for my wallet I'm probably going to give them something else.

You're telling me that if a perp had a firearm pointed at you in point blank range, you'd go for your gun? You'd be a dead man unless you had super human speed, Blackeagle. :) There is a propper time to do everything, and I think this fella did about the only thing a person could do.

Either way, it's good to hear that the person survived the situation, and isn't locked away.
    Beretta 92FS

Hope Betty got paid for this one, she's been screwed in the past.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Rick My primairy reason for mentoning betty on the title is so she could look and make shure its an " approved usage " of her image .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Quote Originally Posted by Tros View Post
    You're telling me that if a perp had a firearm pointed at you in point blank range, you'd go for your gun? You'd be a dead man unless you had super human speed, Blackeagle. :)
    If you carry behind your strong side hip and the BG demands you wallet, you hardly need superhuman speed to get your gun out. Just reach back there like you're complying and by the time he can see that the thing in your hand is not a wallet you've already got the drop on him.

Good to see we're all watching out for Betty
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I have talked to Betty in the past about this. The photographer is Oleg Volk. Many of you have heard of him or visited his site on the MissouriCarry.com links page.

Supposedly Oleg and Betty had a falling out. I asked permission from Oleg the photographer to use a number of his photos and he has given MissouriCarry.com exclusive permission to use them. Oleg had Betty sign a contract when he took the photos. The photos belong legally to Oleg, not Betty and he gives permission to those he wishes.

Betty doesn't like her photo on this website but she has no legal rights to them. I'm not sure why she has a problem with Oleg. Her photos go a long way to showing the softer side the gun culture and why its important for not only men to be armed, but women as well. I wish she would reconsider her opposition to them being used.

I have heard that Betty is a very good shooter and have told her that I hope to meet her one day. She is an inspiration to women shooters everywhere and others whom I've met who have talked to her say she is an outstanding representative of the shooting community.

I hope that she and Oleg one day will reconcile as they both make a great team and the photos produced help get the word out about the importance of self responsibility and self protection.

JUST FYI: We usually redo the website design about every 2 years. I understand Betty does not like her image used on the internet and so I will make sure to use other images provided by Oleg Volk in the next design if this will make Betty happy. I would do it immediately but giving a site overhaul is time intensive and we just don't have the ability to do it now.

MissouriCarry.com is a 501c4 and helps to raise money for other 2nd Amendment organizations in Missouri including the NRA primary state affiliate, Missouri Sport Shooting Association and its youth programs.

missouricarry I was in no way accusing you , or the orginisation of any wrong doing . I know oleg has had some pics ripped off in the past , and i know he and betty have an agreement on the pics of her he has ( what he can publish , what he cannot ect.. ) . IMHO tho anytime i see a new to me site with betty's image online i will attempt to let her know . I will do the same for oleg when i see what i know to be his images in strange places . Its not a slam on yall , its me trying to be a good online friend to both betty and oleg . Both are special folks to the online firearms community .

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    missouricarry I was in no way accusing you , or the orginisation of any wrong doing . I know oleg has had some pics ripped off in the past , and i know he and betty have an agreement on the pics of her he has ( what he can publish , what he cannot ect.. ) . IMHO tho anytime i see a new to me site with betty's image online i will attempt to let her know . I will do the same for oleg when i see what i know to be his images in strange places . Its not a slam on yall , its me trying to be a good online friend to both betty and oleg . Both are special folks to the online firearms community .

Thanks Redneck, I know you weren't slamming us. It comes up from time to time so I'm just putting it out there for people to know about.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    If you carry behind your strong side hip and the BG demands you wallet, you hardly need superhuman speed to get your gun out. Just reach back there like you're complying and by the time he can see that the thing in your hand is not a wallet you've already got the drop on him.
    Quite true --- I guess it all goes back to where and how you carry your weapon, but thats a whole other conversation.
    Beretta 92FS

Hi Zac :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

FWIW:

Just listening to the audio on the video it sounds like the guy being hijacked went way above and beyond before defending himself..

I'm sure if there had been any evidence to the contrary charges would have been filed..

Now if he can just duck the incoming law suit from the deceased "choirboys" family....

JP.

VIP Member
    And there are people that wonder why anyone would want to be armed........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links