This appears to be where we are headed

This is a discussion on This appears to be where we are headed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Outlook grim in Venezuela's essential oil industry This article is very telling on the world as seen through the eyes of liberal governments. This country ...

Thread: This appears to be where we are headed

This appears to be where we are headed

Outlook grim in Venezuela's essential oil industry

This article is very telling on the world as seen through the eyes of liberal governments.

This country has been collecting a $100.00 a barrel for its oil and is still unable to pay its bills. The cost of building social projects has taken its toll. The thought that you don't have to work for the things in your life that make you comfortable is proven once again to not be the answer. The government subsidises the cost of gasoline and people are afraid to travel because of the robbers that want what you have instead of working for it.

I feel sure this is nothing more than the future of our country. Our president will not be in office to hold accountable for the coming crisis and that is a shame.

Bill

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I guess I'd better dust off my Stanley Steamer, fill the water tank, and chop some wood.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Fortunately, we limit our Presidents to two full terms by Constitutional rule. Venezuela extended their president's term by referendum - different set of rules.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

True but pretty hard to hold old hugo responsible he doesn't smell so good. The expenses are social programs the programs are what cost the money not the amount made by oil.

My point was the people that make the bad decisions are gone before the consequences of those decisions are felt. That goes for both parties each is nothing more than politicians.

Links