Boy, 2, dies after shooting self at Corsicana home

This is a discussion on Boy, 2, dies after shooting self at Corsicana home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Boy, 2, dies after shooting self at Corsicana home - San Antonio Express-News We are literally in a fight for our 2nd Amendment rights and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: Boy, 2, dies after shooting self at Corsicana home

Boy, 2, dies after shooting self at Corsicana home

Boy, 2, dies after shooting self at Corsicana home - San Antonio Express-News

We are literally in a fight for our 2nd Amendment rights and it seems every day the press is pushing some irresponsible gun owner who makes a tragic and avoidable mistake. I know I am preaching to the choir, but please make ensure that only people who are properly trained and responsible can gain access to your firearms. Never trust a toddler, they can move with lightning speed around any obstacle when they want to. The unspeakable tragedies that these families must endure will be used by the anti’s to paint all gun owners are reckless and dangerous.

2. Remove Ads

Me and my wife's constant fear. I have a curious 2.5 year old so this resonates with me.

My heart goes out to the family. But all gun owners have to (HAVE to) be more responsible than this. I lock my guns up every single day once I'm done carrying. No ifs ands or buts.

This story has as much to do with self defense with a firearm as the OP:

Gilbert Toddler Drowns in Swimming Pool - Lexington, SC Patch
    pittypat21 and ccw9mm like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I have a 17 year old that has fired guns and I still keep 'em locked up. Except for my EDC which is on my hip or in a lockbox.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Yup. You leave dangerous tools, chemicals, situations out where a young'un can get to them unsupervised, then you get what you get. Parenting. Problem-proofing children. Supervising them. Helping them to learn how to learn, safely.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Me and my wife's constant fear. I have a curious 2.5 year old so this resonates with me.

My heart goes out to the family. But all gun owners have to (HAVE to) be more responsible than this. I lock my guns up every single day once I'm done carrying. No ifs ands or buts.
    Unfortunately not all gun owners are as responsible as you. I wish they were, I am tired of hearing these tragedies
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I can't imagine the pain that these parents go through when their stupidity kicks into high gear. You want to feel sorry for them but at the same time would love to kick the crap out of them just the same as you would if someone left their toddler in the middle of a freeway. Why some just don't get that firearms are just as dangerous and need undying respect, I'll never know. Very sad.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Administrator
    Not a story of self defense.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links