Mom Asks 911 For Permission To Shoot Intruder

Mom Asks 911 For Permission To Shoot Intruder

This is a discussion on Mom Asks 911 For Permission To Shoot Intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 18 YEAR OLD MOM SHOOTS, KILLS INTRUDER TO PROTECT BABY? INCIDENT ALL CAUGHT ON 911 PHONE RECORDING - Liberty News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Mom Asks 911 For Permission To Shoot Intruder

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    nechaev and Kennydale like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Noticed the German Shepherd in her house too. If they kept trying different doors, etc. then they were definitely determined to get in, and not for good reasons. Good thing she protected herself and her baby. Don't think it would have turned out well if she hadn't.

If I remember this story, it was a guy who had been bothering and stalking her, and figuring since her husband was dead.... he would fill the shoes, and she kept telling him to get lost and had called police prior to this about him. If .... it's the same story, he was more than crazy and obsessed with her.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The News media are sure backing her on her use of deadly force,young Mom home alone 2 BG's trying to break in,she shoots and stops the threat after breaking in...good job
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There's nothing as dangerous as a mom and her child. She done good.
    msgt/ret, bigmacque, ctr and 1 others like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Im just sorry she has to live with that for the rest of her life but happy she did what she had too that poor girl
    msgt/ret and bigmacque like this.
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Losing her husband to cancer, having to raise an infant baby alone and being forced to shoot and kill an intruder. I'd say she's had more than her share of misery. Thank God the anti's hadn't taken away her only means of protecting herself and her son! Too bad the liberal gun grabbers will still never get a clue.

I feel so bad...for the poor woman! To go through so much and now this. Now the dirtbag, he got his just desserts!

The media coverage was sympathetic for several reasons. A pretty young blonde mother, dead husband, two dirt bags trying to get in- hard to dispute that one. Of course, she had ol' Shotgun Joe's weapon of choice, too, the double barreled shotgun!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

You know it and I know it. There would still be many liberals out there that would have thought SHE should have locked herself and her baby in a closet and let the police handle it. She Did Better Than Good.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I feel so bad...for the poor woman! To go through so much and now this. Now the dirtbag, he got his just desserts!

The media coverage was sympathetic for several reasons. A pretty young blonde mother, dead husband, two dirt bags trying to get in- hard to dispute that one. Of course, she had ol' Shotgun Joe's weapon of choice, too, the double barreled shotgun!
    The best weapon is the one in your hand, at that moment. remember, she had a pistol too as a backup.

A surprisingly simple, direct and factual story. She had every right to turn away the intruders. Home invasion, disparity of force, home alone, home with an infant child, every right to defend their very lives. And no anti-gunner twists and turns in that news report; just acknowledgement in her every right to defend herself in the gravest extreme.

Here one little error was believing she needed to ask anyone's permission to save her own life or the life of her child. SHE is the citizen, and by virtue of that she has every right. I'm betting she'll recognize this minor error and learn from it.

She seems to have a good head on her shoulders, appreciating the simplicity of the situation and her actions. I doubt she'd have any qualms about doing the same thing in future, if it were to come to that. Kudos to her.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Amazing level headedness under intense pressure, especially for someone so young. Good for her and I hope life is easier for her here on out.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    I am glad she had the tools and training to handle the situation. Her dad and/or husband did OK by her (could have been someone else, but those are the most likely sources). I wonder if she used bird or buck shot - either way, it got the job done. I am just curious.

She is a year younger than my daughter. I hope my daughter would have the presence of mind to handle the situation as well.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Here one little error was believing she needed to ask anyone's permission to save her own life or the life of her child. SHE is the citizen, and by virtue of that she has every right. I'm betting she'll recognize this minor error and learn from it.

She seems to have a good head on her shoulders, appreciating the simplicity of the situation and her actions. I doubt she'd have any qualms about doing the same thing in future, if it were to come to that. Kudos to her.
    She didn't need permission but remember, we're talking an 18 year old young lady! I doubt she's as up-to-speed on SD/HD theory and self defense law as most of us here. She probably hasn't red Massad Ayoob or really studied HD law. I don't say that because she's female but rather because she's so you.

Good for her, though! She kept her head and protected her little one. Indeed, don't mess with a woman protecting her baby!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Good for her! Hope the 2nd scumbag rots in prison. The 1st can rot in hell.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    well done mom......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links